Prologue

"Frostine Villeneuve, Sean Siegel, and Jessica Danvers! Congratulations on receiving outstanding student awards!" You stood up and marched to the podium along with your friends.

You are Frostine Villeneuve, 'the richest girl in school' 'the mixed freak' 'the Asian nerd' or 'glasses'. Yes, you were mixed ethnicity wise. Half Korean-Caucasian and half Indonesian-Malaysian. As a student who maintained very good grades for the past nine years of school in almost every subject, you were envied and you were 'the ball' everybody threw around every now and then.

"We hope that you could maintain all your grades and behaviour to the next levels of studies in your life! Once again congratulations to all of you students that have graduated ! May good luck and blessings from above guide you through every step of your lives!" The principal announced.

You weren't someone who could hang out with friends. As much as you loved to, your mom had always been the busiest woman alive and she has always been by your side, so you couldn't hang out with friends just for a while, even on your graduation day.

—A holiday's past—

You were in a plane, flying back from holidays in Hawaii to your hometown in Lexington, Kentucky. After arriving at your home, you were greeted by your parents. Yes. You were on holiday alone, since your parents were always busy with work. You continued strolling down a hallway leading to your room.

While unpacking, you heard a knock on your door and after, a click of the doorknob. A woman in her 30s in a maid uniform informed that your parents called you to the study. You went there as instructed.

After going through many hallways decorated by posh frames and flowers atop tables every now and then, you were there. At the front of the grand entrance of the study. Slowly and carefully, you opened the door and greeted your parents. They didn't seem to feel your presence. It was not until you coughed, your mother spoke up.

"Frostine, your father and I have been thinking of a better future for you. Instead of staying in this country, why don't you move? Someplace where socializing is easier for you. Somewhere in Asia, in South Korea to be specific."

You weren't the type of girl to rebel on your parents, you weren't raised to talk back. You also weren't one to socialize much because of your ever busy schedule to attend to. Even if you talked back, you would be scolded. As the one and only child, you would obviously be their spending point and be the only one watched on by your parents. Therefore the name 'spoiled brat'.

" We think that it's best for you. The education there isn't so bad." Dad spoke up.

" We are thinking to send you there alone, since we have work and business deals to attend to." Mom explained.

" We will visit you frequently, along the lines of business trips we have to Asia." Dad added.

I stared at the floor. Shocked with what my parents just said. As if time stopped, I scanned the study. Books were scattered everywhere. Mom and dad were sitting at their own respective office chairs frozen in their places. On the projector screen was a flight booked to Incheon, with my name on it. Another screen projected a filled school registration form, also with my name on it.

Hanlim Multi-Arts School it read.

Everything moved and came back to normal again.