Chapter 1

Hi guys! I just wanted to say that I'm back and better than ever. I hope you like my new book, I'll make a schedule to let you guys know when I will be publishing a new chapter! Enjoy! Oh and I'll be writing the winners of the names and best artist in an author's note. So look for it! :D Oh and Jared is up above!

________________________________________________________________________________

Nicky's POV

I woke up this morning feeling like crap. I slowly got up feeling yesterdays' effects on me. Oh how rude of me, my name is Nicholas, but I would rather be called Nicky. I am 5'7, I know I know short for a 17-year-old junior in high school. Don't blame me though, I got most of my features from my mom. Although I do have some muscle, but not all buffy like. I have green eyes, I wear my hair in a curved up style, and I usually wear t-shirts and shorts. I also live in an apartment because my mom can't afford a house. She has been trying to get a job, but with her being all sad and depressed, it's like she can't do anything anymore. I also have to get a job to support my mothers' bills, food, clothes, and making sure my little sister gets everything she wants. I know I know she's spoiled and all, but I love her and want to make sure she is okay.

Anyways, I walked towards my bathroom and slowly took off my shirt. You see, every school day, I get beat up. But I've never let my mother know. I know I know, you are probably thinking "What about your dad?" Well, he walked out on my mom when I was six years old. I mean what kind of guy would do that? Especially a father.

Okay back to the bully, his name is Jared and I sort of kind of have a uh crush on him... But no one needs to know that. He's so handsome, with his baby blue eyes and brown hair that's always up by his hairspray or gel. But every time I walk to school, oh yeah I don't have a car, him and his group of friends say basically horrible things. Like "Nerd, fat bitch that not even my own dad would be here, that I'm the one who made my dad leave my mom." I would always think that these were true and that I don't belong in this world. Then they would drag me to the back of the school and beat me till I can't get up. I usually stay there until the bell rings and I make sure that no one sees me like this. I mean I am a nobody in this entire school. The only friend I have is my little sister. She's the one who lets me know that life is worth living for.

I looked at my arms and stomach and noticed old bruises that were healing, but still looked ugly. And new ones that, like I said, were from yesterday. I always wear long sleeve shirts to hide them. Every time I look in the mirror, all I see is a nasty, ugly, and fat nerd who can't protect himself from dumb jocks. I walked towards my little sister's room to make sure she is awake and ready for school.

"Hey are you ready to go?"

"Almost done with my hair!"

Even my little sister takes extra time to do her hair. *Cue facepalm* After she was done, I poured her some cereal with milk in a bowl and started to eat a granola with orange juice. When we both finished, I grabbed her bowl and my cup and put them in the sink. Then I grabbed my house key and walked out the door with. We first started to walk to her school since it was closer and I could not let her go alone. When we got there, we said our goodbyes and went in opposite directions.

I was able to get to school five minutes before the bell rang and started walking towards the entrance to get to class early. But then I hear someone shouting at me.

________________________________________________________________________________

Jared's POV

I woke up this morning feeling nice and fresh. I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom, but grabbing clothes and a towel first. I looked at myself in the mirror and looked at my abs, I got a nice 6-pack and my biceps were medium sized. I quickly took a shower and got out to put my clothes on so I won't be late for school. I walked downstairs and saw my mom cooking dinner, while my dad was reading the newspaper as always.