I.

"Have yourself a merry little Christmas Let your heart be light From now on your troubles will be out sight"

It was your typical 2017 Christmas in the Lovato-Valderrama household. The Valderrama women making their well-known hallacas; Wilmer tending to the fireplace; and Demi was rubbing her seven month pregnant stomach. Sure, Demi did not want babies when she started her break, but her mind changed when Wilmer said "he did" and sitting on the bed with a pregnancy test at her hand. Wilmer wanted a child to bring in the New Year or possibly his late birthday gift. Now, here is Demi happily expecting.

"My mom said food should be ready soon," smiles Wilmer softly and carefully walking back to place a kiss on top of Demi's head.

"Sounds good. I am starving for tamales and also baby Valderrama is too," laughs Demi.

Wilmer sat next to Demi and they kissed chastely as the fire went.

"I cannot wait to meet him/her," said Wilmer whispering into Demi's neck.

"Same here. Lately, Baby V has been super active in me. Wait for it," said Demi placing Wilmer's hand on her tummy.

Kick, kick. Thud. Demi winced slightly as she get the pain hit her lower abdomen. She tried to not tell Wilmer that it was painful nor happening every twenty minutes. But, Wilmer read her facial expression right away.

"Are you, okay?" asks Wilmer concerned.

"Relax, Wil. I think he/she is playing rugby or soccer. Wait for it in the future to see this little one go," laughs and lies Demi, but she then not down on the inside of her lip.

"Alright, D. Going to see if my mama needs help," smiles Wilmer walking off to help his mother.

(An hour later)

As dinner goes on, everyone is talking and laughing as they eat fresh ayaca's and ponche. They reminiscence about the year and the oh so unexpected pregnancy. Then, Demi winces as she eats and looks down to notice a puddle of liquid on the floor. Crap. Isn't she too early?

"Wilmer," said Demi wincing and hesitating.

"Hm, want more, D?" offers Wilmer serving Demi another hallaca.

"Wilmer," said Demi clearly and firm pulling Wilmer down to look at their wooden floor.

"Oh your drink spilt," said Wilmer still not considering the fact his girlfriend's water broke two months nearly.

"Wilmer! My water broke. Get the bags ready! Baby V is ready l! Ahh," said Demi with a quiet shout and eventually slapping Wilmer on the leg.

I know what a juxtaposition but Demi did not want it to make it a huge deal. 

Wilmer's eyes grew two sizes big and he then excused himself from the table. Demi did as well and she had Wilmer get her a change of clothes. Nobody realized Demi was going into early labor, maybe because Demi has been complaining about Braxton Hicks. Demi and Wilmer let the house without a mention of the hospital or labor and drove off.

This Christmas Eve happens to be a rainy Christmas. So Wilmer slowed down the driving, while encountering a crazy driver here and there. Then, they arrived to the hospital, safely. The nurses brought out a wheelchair and wheeled Demi to the maternity ward.