Chapter 1 | The Meeting

//Please Pretend His Shirt Is Black! ^^ I couldn't find the original gif I was looking for.. Sorry! \\

Narrators P.O.V

"Oh my gosh! I'm so excited! I wonder who I'll get?" You looked over to your best friend, Arianna who was holding your hand tightly as you squealed loudly with excitement.

You were one of the many people hired to be a Youtuber's Video Editer Assistant. Your boss claimed that you nailed the interview for patience, and focus. You've worked with many other youtubers, but never any big ones. The most one ever had was 500,000 subs. But today, that's all going to change.

________________________________________________________________________________

You were sat down in the corner of the room with Arianna.

"So, who do you think I'm going to be assigned to?!"

"(Y/N), you've already asked me that, like twelve times, I have no ide-" As she spoke, another voice trailed trough the room.

"(Y/N)?! Please come to my office in exactly 43 seconds. I need to speak to you immediately. I'm running on a very tight schedule!" Your boss's voice traveled smoothly through the crowd.

You quickly ran off as fast as you could and knocked on the door, moments after he closed it.

"Um.. May I come in?" You asked softly.

"Hmm? Oh yes, please do. Hurry hurry!" As you entered the room, you examined all the clocks hanging on the wall. He also had at least four watches on.

Quickly, you scurried over quickly, ending up standing awkwardly beside a chair.

"Take a seat!" Your boss was all about time.. That's all he ever really talked about, he was completely obsessed with anything involving time. Not once has he ever been late for anything.

As you sat down in the chair beside you, you waved to one of your other close friends, Ethan. He gave you a sly grin, and waved as he stood firmly beside the boss; He was obviously excited about something.

"Um.. Mr. Landon?"

"Hmm, yes. I'm sure you are aware of why I've pulled you in here in such short notice, yes?"

"Um.. Yeah, but it wasn't really sho-"

"Ah, good. Well then, you should know that your work has exceeded greatly. Your work is officially above average.. Unlike those bloody peasants outside the door.." His voice was loud and horse, but it was clear enough to know he meant business.

"Y-Yea- Yes. Thank you, sir.." You spoke nervously, fighting back the urge to yell at him.

"Alright, your new assignment is waiting for you in the lobby.. His name is, Dan Howell I presume. Don't screw this up, (Y/N). ETHAN!? Please show Miss. (Y/L/N) to the lobby! ASAP!"

"Ah, yes! R-Right away sir!" As you stood up from the chair, you felt a hand touch your lower back. Pushing you gently towards the door.

"Woah, watch it you 'Bloody Peasant!' My shoulders are up here!" You said with a small giggle ending with a snort. You both started laughing as you made your way down the hall. Seeing as you and Ethan have been friends for over 10 years, you understood each others humor more than most people.

________________________________________________________________________________

After a few minutes of walking, the two of you made it to the lobby, where about a dozen vlogging YouTubers were standing in front of your very eyes.

"I think the one in the black shirt is him." He pointed across the room, where a tall man was slouching over, his eyes glued to his phone.

"Um, could you be a little more specific? Almost everyone in here is wearing a black shirt." You giggled softly to yourself.

Rolling his eyes, he put both his hands on your shoulders and turned you so you'd be facing the man. "Him. The guy with the fringe."

"Ohhh, now I see him! Thanks, Nestor!" You said playfully as you started walking away.

"You know I hate when you call me Lloyd! Anyways, bye! I'll see you after work!" He spoke loudly as he left the room in a rush.

As you headed threw the crowd of vloggers, avoiding as many cameras as you could, you eventually found Dan.

You walked up to him and extended your arm. He didn't really realize so you decided to speak up.

"Hi! I'm your new Co-editer/Assistant!" Getting his attention, he shut off his phone, and stuffed it into his back pocket.

"Oh, uh.. Hi. My name is, [Dan]. What's your name exactly?.." //I'm sorry- I had to. Haha-\\

"Hmm? Oh. I'm 24." You didn't really hear him properly, so you kinda just guessed on what he asked.

"Not your age, your name." He said while chuckling quietly.

"Oh- I-.. Sorry- Well, I guess my names socially awkward now. Haha. Um, no it's, (Y/N).." I said with a embarrassing blush crawling onto my cheeks.

Good job, (Y/N). Way to make a great first impression..

His chuckle soon turned into a full blown laugh, which had everyone in the room starring at us.

"It's okay, I guess we're both kind of socially awkward."

// Yay- First chapter! I'll probably end up writing the second chapter sooner or later, because I actually like this story, and I actually have the motivation to keep writing it

// Yay- First chapter! I'll probably end up writing the second chapter sooner or later, because I actually like this story, and I actually have the motivation to keep writing it. But you guys need to help with that. I need you all to pester me constantly to finish this book. Haha, I'm going to try to make it a two part series, but first we'll just have to see how it goes.\\

//Byeee!\\