Chapter 2 | The Apartment

// WHAT- I'M ACTUALLY UPDATING A BOOK FOR ONCE?! I know, pretty normal right? Haha- The sarcasm is strong in this one. \\

Dan's P.O V

"Aha! Die you.. Fukin-.. Ratatta-..." I said with a strong amount of accomplishment in my voice.

As I was in the middle of defeating one of the many Pokémon I've seen on my phone which has been infiltrated by Pokémon Go, might I add. I was approached by a woman.

I looked up from the corner of my eye, and quickly back down again.

There is absolutely nothing in the world that could make me take my eyes off the scre-

"Hi! I'm your new Co-Editor/Assistant!"

Hearing the voice, I knew she was talking to me. So I decided to give another quick glance in her direction.

Oh shit. She's attractive..

I shut my phone off, stuffing it into my back pocket, attempting to keep eye contact with the person trying to socialize with me.

"Oh.. Um- Hi, my name is Dan.. What's your name exactly?" I spoke calmly whilst trying to hold my awkward fanboy screams down.

There's a girl talking to me? What kind of sick joke is this? I. NEED. ANSWERS.

"Hmm? Oh, I'm 24.." After a moment of awkwardness, I realized that she had said her age, instead of her name.

Sarcastic remark, or polite person? Ugh.. So hard to choose.

Polite Person it is.

"Not your age, your name." I asked with An attempted quiet chuckle. Holding the dad joke literally just on the tip of my tounge.

"Oh- I-.. Sorry- Well, I guess my names socially awkward now. Haha. Um, no it's, (Y/N).." She said softly. Her cheeks turning to a light shade of pink.

This time, it was my turn to blush. My small, harmless chuckle soon turned into a full blown laugh, and that's when everyone in the room started staring at the two of us.

"It's okay. I guess we're both kind of socially awkward." I said while doing an awkward little dance, that ended with jazz hands.

" I said while doing an awkward little dance, that ended with jazz hands

Oh god. I'm so antisocial and awkward. End my suffering!

After standing there and laughing for a good minute, I ended it with an even more awkward smile.

"So, what exactly do we do now?.." I asked being the completely clueless person I am.

"I'm kinda knew to this whole, 'Social Thing'.. I mean, 'Assistant thing.'" I said, mentally facepalming myself.