Nowhere

We make our way through the crowd until we spot our friends sitting at our usual table. Tom was the first one to see and he stood up and walked around to greet us, and by us I mean me. Before I could walk around his arms were around my waist and he was engulfing me in his arms. I felt the creeps hands move lower until Harry slightly pushed him away.

“Okay, Tom enough hugging for today.” Harry jokes and everyone seems to find it funny except for Chris and I.

There is an open spot next to Chris, enough for Harry and I, but as I'm about to make my way towards him, Harry realizes what I'm doing and pulls me towards the other side. We end up sitting in front of Chris, which is worse because I get to spend my entire lunch time watching those two glare at one another.

“Sorry Harry, its just been a while since I've seen her and these past months I just want to build a bond with her.” Toms says and then turns to look at me and winks.

I smile sarcastically, “What a joy to hear that Tom.” everyone laughs at my sarcasm and Tom seems to take it as a joke, when in reality it isn't. Tom always gave me the creeps, since before but Max always told him to back off. I guess Harry, isn't much like Max. Harry, he seems to take this whole Tom thing as a joke, but I know better.

I look over at Chris who is playing with his food, then I notice the bruises on his hands. Everything seems to connect in my hand. Harry gone then Chris leaving. He then comes back upset and Harry comes back with a bruised face and now Chris has bruises on his hand. Those two fought.

I try my best to control myself and not cause a scene. I watch as Harry is laughing at something Tom said and Chris is just there playing with his food not saying one word. I get up and Harry turns to look at me.

“We need to talk.” I say and the table goes silent. Chris is starring with a blank expression and I look down at his knuckles, he hides his hand under the table once he realizes what I'm starring at.

I stare at Harry who is still sitting not bothering to move. I decided to simply walk away and have him follow me. By now it's easier to walk through the cafeteria since mostly everyone is already seated. I'm walking to my locker when I hear footsteps behind me. I lean against my locker once I have reached it and I stand there and watch as Harry takes his time getting here. He uses the slowest pace possible and he looks like a little kid walking to his mother knowing he's about to get in trouble.

When he's finally standing in front of me I take a deep long breath. “What is going on with you and Chris?”

His eyes slightly widen and I hear him cuss under his breath. “What do you mean?”

“Harry don't play stupid. The two of you are always acting strange around the other. You glare at him and he does the same, and now this.” I place my hand harshly against his cheek, watching him wince in pain.

“I told you-” he was about to give me the same lie, I knew it.

“Stop! I saw his hands, they were bruised and if I go and ask him what happened I know he will tell me. But I want to hear it from you. Whats going on?” I caress his cheek and his eyes soften.

“He came in the restroom, worried that I had hurt you in some way. It was a misunderstanding. But I don't like him Zeila, I see the way he looks at you. It's obvious he has feelings for you. I'm your boyfriend and I can't help but feel jealous. I'm jealous that you have more trust in him that you do in me. I'm jealous that when you're in need of help, like back in class, he is the first person you turn to. I'm here Zeila, for you and only you. I want to be the one you turn to, the one you talk to when somethings wrong.” he starts pacing back and forth.