five.

I'm lying on top of a boy's warm body, my Swiss Army Knife positioned at his neck, ready to slit it if needed. I take a good view at him. He has hazel-blond hair, perfectly styled, and sparkling green eyes that look amused. He's wearing a maroon shirt and black jeans. I didn't think it was a practical outfit to wear at this time. But still, I have to admit, he looks sort of attractive.
"Chill." The boy exclaims. "Let me go. I'm your ally. Me and Liz are your allies. We have to make it to the Grey Castle. No one wants to die here, but if you're going to kill us..." He doesn't finish his sentence because he knows that I won't kill him.
I growl at him intimidatingly but push myself off his body. "I'm Rico." He extends a hand. Nikhole nudges my elbow and I unwillingly shake Rico's hand. "And that's Liz over there." He gestures to a brunette standing a few metres behind me. "Actually, my real name is Rebelle. My nickname is Liz and the reason is unknown. Just call me Liz." Rebelle introduces herself.
"Wow. Rebelle. That's a pretty cool name." I say, trying to break the ice.
"Everyone thinks so. Thanks! My parents wanted me to live up to my name. It isn't hard." Rebelle grins.
"So you're like, supposed to be a rebel?" I question. Rebelle just nods.
"What about you? What's you're name?" Rico addresses me and Nikhole. I let Nikhole go first. "I'm Nikhole." She says, a bright, innocent smile on her face. "Nice name." Rico nods.
"Aw, sweetie, thats cute. How old are you?" Rebelle squats down at Nikhole's height.
"7." Nikhole says.
"What about you?" Rico grins at me.
I sigh. "I'm Willow."
"Wow. Like the weeping willow?" Rico arches an eyebrow.
"I'm not depressed." I grunt and Rebelle laughs.
I'm determined to change the subject. "So...are you guys like dating?" I blurt out stupidly. Of all questions Willow? Seriously?? Rebelle gags and Rico scrunched up his nose. "No! We're extremely distant cousins. I just visited Rico with my aunt Ette." Rebelle reasons.
"Ette?" Nikhole looks confused. "Is that a real name?" I want to face palm. "Nikhole, that's rude." I mutter.
Rico laughs. "Nah. It's a pretty weird name. But it is a name." Rebelle nods.
Then Rebelle claps her hands together and flashes a smile to everyone. "Alright. Now's not the time for chitchat. We don't want to die. Anyone got clues to the Grey Castle?" She looks at our small group.
I'm about to shake my head when I realise that I do have a clue. "I actually do. Here." I hand Rico the note. He reads it with Rebelle. I can tell they're puzzled because of their expressions. "I understand that you need to climb up something related to pines to find the next note." Rebelle frowns. "But what's related to pines?"
I pace back and forth, running through my list of pine related objects. Pinecones, plants with pines, pineapples. Hm. Pineapples. Maybe like a pineapple plant or tree? "What if it's like a pineapple tree? Are there any around here?" I voice out my idea. Rebelle nods. "Yeah. We were venturing in the wood and we saw some pineapple trees."
"Awesome! Lead us to it." Nikhole grins excitedly. So Rebelle and Rico taking the lead, I grasp Nikhole's hand, further into the woods. A few moments later, we see a cluster of pineapple trees. The pineapples were visible at the very top. "Great. These trees are so high. Who can climb trees like that?" Rico sighs.
I raise my hand. "I can. I used to do it before my step-family came along. No offence Nikhole. I still love you." I apologise.
"It's okay." Nikhole shrugs.
"Let's see what you got." Rebelle smiles wildly. So I backed away further and further, until I thought it was an appropriate distance away from the pineapple trees. Then I made a sprint for the trees and leaped at least 2 metres up the trunk. Nikhole, Rebelle and Rico all whooped and cheered. I continued to scale the tree until I reached the very top. I scourged around, searching for the slip of paper. I gave up on the first tree so I leaped to the next and to the next, but I didn't see any leads or clues. I sigh in exasperation and slide down the trunk. I walk defeatedly to my friends. "Pineapple trees are no help. Is there anything about pines?" I demand.
The whole group is quiet. "Look, we can't think now. We need a break." Rico suggests. So we gather in a circle below a tree. What tree, I don't know, because I was getting too hungry to pay attention. I lean my head against the bark. Without meaning to, I dozed off, my forehead sliding against the rough bark. The bark of this tree felt familiar. Before the Rimming family, which was my step-family, I used to be an expert around trees, plants and flowers, I knew every single one, and I was a nature girl. And then now I remembered this tree of extreme importance. "It's a pine tree!" I jump up. "Oh my goodness, it's a pine tree! That's our clue. We'll find the next clue up this pine tree!" I shout. Rebelle and Nikhole exchange thrilled looks.  Rico is grinning but he puts his hand on my shoulder. "Chill. You don't want villains to hear." He chuckles and I'm forced to calm down. "Alright girl, go get that clue." Rebelle encourages. I begin to mount the tree, going up, and up until I reach the top. I see a piece of paper stuck onto one of the higher branches. I'm filled to the brim with excitement. But as soon, as my hand touches the piece of paper, a harsh, intense wind begins to blow and I'm practically blown away from the tree.