Seven

Akemi knew that her sister was long gone.

They said that she ran away, and if Shiho did that, that would mean she had a low chance of surviving outside the Black Organization. They never updated her, just said that Shiho was gone and if they ever found her, she would be dead.

So, Akemi watched the news every night.

There were a couple of cases of unidentified women murdered for the past few months. Six of them were burned, one so much that they couldn't even differentiate the burnt body from a burnt animal corpse. Three were disfigured, body parts still scattered.

'They're not Shiho,' Akemi assured herself, but it didn't work. She wasn't the strongest person but the way she could still smile even when she knew that her sister was probably dead was a feat. Shiho, though younger, was the one who was a slave to the Organization. Akemi couldn't forgive herself for being the less talented one of them.

Akemi still was under their control but that didn't matter anymore. She kept searching on private, hoping to find some clues about her sister. Shiho, apparently, ran away after finding about what the Organization was ordering her. Akemi was, of course, furious at them. They forced her to test her new antidote to her older sister. Akemi wasn't scared of her own health, she was terrified for Shiho since she knew that the younger one wouldn't do it and it would result to Shiho's death and probably Akemi's too.

'She ran away because she didn't want to test it on me. They're keeping me alive as a bait, a reason for Shiho to come back.'

Akemi loved her life. College, friends, laughs, smiles and normal things. But she loved her sister more.

Stepping out of the car, Akemi breathed in the hot and humid air of Beika. She was going to ask the police for Shiho. She knew that they're still tailing her, there was a black car a few meters away from her. Akemi had lied to them, saying that she was visiting a friend. They wouldn't know that her friend was actually a police officer who she had known for quite a while.

"Takagi-san!" Akemi smiled, her hands shaking as she sat on the chair across the police officer.

"Nice to see you, Miyano-san. Did your project work? It's been months," Takagi said.

"Yes, Yumi and Eito are still in debt with you, Takagi-san." She glanced outside, gulping.

"Oh no, it was my pleasure. I'm glad that I helped."

Suddenly, Takagi's phone beeped, surprising him. "Wait a minute, Miyano-san."

The text read, 'Don't react, Takagi-san. This is Miyano Akemi. Refrain from saying anything that might imply you're a police officer, please. I need you're help, my sister is missing, and I can't go directly to the police for personal reasons. I'm sorry I have to say this like this. Below is a picture of her. Please help her. Make the investigation as quiet and private as possible.'

Akemi was ordering coffee, a smile on her face. When she turned to Takagi, she had an expression that read, 'Please understand.'

"Well, I hope things have been going great for you, Miyano-san."

"Oh, yes," Akemi answered easily. "Who was that?"

"My girlfriend," Takagi lied sheepishly, trying to make it as real as possible.

"That's great. I'll just go to the restroom, lady needs." She stood up, dusting invisible dust on her skirt.

Takagi nodded.

A few moments later, his phone tinged once again. This time, he read it more carefully.

'Is there anyone who you can truly trust to find my sister that isn't going to attract attention?'

Takagi hesitated before sending her a picture of five kids, and a note, 'The boy with glasses and the girl who has her hood on. They're smart for seven-year olds.'

Inside a bathroom stall, Akemi stared at her younger sister's picture and knew Shiho was on the right hands.

Author's Note:
Sorry for the broken update schedule! It's just that inspiration for Detective Conan is at an all time low. I do have multiple chapters still at the drafting table- all kinda ready to be published. I appreciate your support in this guys! If you have and suggestions or prompts, I'll try to fulfill them within my own capabilities. Thank you very much! Enjoy reading!