Pleasent Suprises

Jon

I thought it was funny how not so long ago the thought of getting married to Arabella scared me and now here I am with her tongue down my throat. I can't wait to to take the next step when we're married. My thoughts were then soon interrupted by Sansa opening the door and yelling, "Jon! Oh my god!" And then walking right back out.

Arabella jumped right off me and the whole mood was killed. Arabella and I straighten our selves out and there was a light knock on the door followed by Sansa almost whispering, "Is everyone decent?"

"Yes, come in." I announced.

She walked in with a slight smirk on her face and in her hands she carried a piece of paper. "Jon I'm really sorry but this can't wait." She said with a smile I could tell it was something good because I could hear the excitement in her voice.

She handed me the letter and I began to read it, it was from Ed at Castle Black. I skimmed though the letter and one sentence had caught my eye. It read, "Two rangers found your little brother Bran and his friend Meera Reed just outside the wall. They are on their way to Castle Black. I don't want to send them towards you alone God's forbid anything should happen on their journey to Winterfell, and knowing you you'd hang me if I let them go alone. So I will host them here until you come back to Castle Black..." I couldn't believe my eyes. I reread the letter about a dozen times before it actually sunk in that my brother was coming home. Sansa and I both looked at each other and smiled and embraced each other.

"Isn't anyone going to tell me what's going on?"  Arabella asked.

I grabbed her hands and looked her straight in the eyes and said, "I'm leaving tomorrow morning for Castle Black. My little brother Bran is there and I'm going to bring him home."

She seemed excited about the news but then her smile faded, "But what about the wedding you're not going to be able to go to Castle Black get Bran and came back in time for it."

"What if we get married tonight?" I said and her smile reappeared.

"Well I have to go there's so much to be done in such a small amount of time." She said and gave me a quick peck on the cheek and left the room in a hurry.

Sansa turned to me with a big smile, and I knew exactly what she was going to say. "So I guess your not so worried about marrying someone so terrible anymore." She teased.

"Oh just shut up." I joked.

"I just have one last question, is she already pregnant?" She teased and began to laugh.

"Oh would you grow up." I said as I rolled my eyes. "So I guess you like her for me as well."

"Well I can't say anything yet, but I will say that I haven't seen you this happy in the longest time and would say it's thanks to her. I haven't talked with her for too long but from what I can tell she's sweet, not like the women in King's Landing they seemed as if they were always out to get something. She's different and I like that about her."

"It's always good to know that your sister and future wife get along" I stated. "I just can't believe we're going to see Bran, last time I saw him he was still unconscious, he was so small I've almost forgotten what he looks like." As hard as I tired I just couldn't remember his face which really pained me but I know I will see him soon enough to remember.

"We can't dwell on the past you have a wedding to prepare for." Sansa said with a smile.

"I am ready." I stated.

She chuckled and said, "No you are not. When was the last time you bathed?" She was right I couldn't remember. "Do you know what your going to wear?"

I looked down at the outfit I was currently wearing "Just this."

"Oh no, no,no. You go bathe and I'll pick out your outfit and lay it out for you." She said while pushing me out the room to go wash up.

"Scrub everywhere twice!" She called out to me as I walked away.

A few hours later...

I rested in the tub for an hour or two so much so that my fingers started to wrinkle. It feel like the first time in forever that I could just relax and not have anything to worry about. I had one amazing bottle of wine to settle my nerves. I was even able to fall  asleep I was so at peace. Then I was brutally disturbed my Ser Davos bursting through the door. "Your grace there's only an hour until the wedding you must get dried up and dressed." He announced.

"Don't call me that." I joked.

"Good god Jon are you drunk?" He asked frantically.

"No..." I laughed "... it just doesn't feel right being called that, especially from you, you just call me Jon."

"Okay Jon I came to give you these clothes" he said while placing clothes down" and to tell you that Arabella wanted me to make sure that you didn't shave your beard, she said something along the lines of it making you look ruggedly handsome." He said awkwardly.

"You saw her how was she, how'd she look?" I asked while sitting up from the tub.

"She looked radiant. Your a lucky man." He stated with a reassuring smile. "We'll come on get dried off and dressed, you don't want to be late to your own wedding." He said while clapping his hands and then leaving the room.

I splashed some cold water on my face and gave my beard just a quick trim and then tied half of my long hair back out of my face. I looked at myself in the mirror, it's probably the cleanest I've been in awhile. I got dressed and I was done, I was ready to get married. Unfortunately I still had a lot of time to spare and after thinking about it I wished Sam Gilly and even baby Sam were here so I decided to write to Sam. I wrote down everything that's happened so far since he left, me dying, me coming back, me leaving the Night's Watch and taking back Winterfell with my sister and lastly me getting married and reuniting with my brother. I told him that I was sorry for how late I was telling him, but I'm sure he'll understand. And by the time I finished my letter Ser Davos came back into my room to tell me that it was time.