Chapter Eight

Mitch's P.O.V

"Mitch?"

I ignore whoever it is at the door.

I don't really care, it doesn't matter any more. Grace is gone and the last thing we did was argue. I don't care about anything else.

I've given up on caring.

The bed creaks slightly as someone sits down.

A hand rests on my shoulder. I roll onto my back to see Scott.

We stay silent for a while. Then I can't hold it anymore.

"Scott?"

"Yeah?"

"Why did she leave us?"

He sighed.

"I... I don't know Mitchy. I think it was because she wanted to protect us."

"Why?"

"Because- Well, because she loves us."

I felt tears leaking out of my eyes but I ignored them."Scotty?"

"Yes?"

"I think... I think I love her."

He gripped my hand.

"I know Mitchy. I know."

Grace's P.O.V

I can't take it any more.

My body was aching all over and I was left lying on a freezing stone floor.

I had tears running down the sides of my face and into my ears.

It was uncomfortable but I didn't have the strength to move myself. 

I heard a door open and my bruised body tensed.

A cruel laugh echoed in the cold room.

He's back.

"Comfortable, Grace? Or maybe I should call you by your real name, Amy!" His sneering tone made me feel like curling up into a tiny ball and crying myself to sleep.

Michael laughed again and I gasped in pain as his foot connected with my side.

Kneeling down beside me, he grabbed my face and forced me to look at him. I winced at his rough grip.

He smirked at me.

"You know what? I feel like I have to tell you something. I lied. I'm not going to leave your friends alone now I've got you."

"No..." I choked out.

He chuckled at me.

"Do you really think I'm just going to let my brother go? Just like that?"

"Please..." I begged him. "You promised..."

He loosened his grasp on my face and slowly trailed his fingers down my cheek and neck. Then he wrapped his hand around my throat and pulled me up to whisper in my ear.

I couldn't breathe and he knew it.

"I'm going to play this game a little longer. How about we leave them a note along with a nice picture of you?"

Laughing manically, Michael threw me across the room and pulled out a camera. I heard a click and I knew that he wasn't joking about leaving a note and a picture for them.

"Sweet dreams, my love."

I heard the door slam and I gathered my remaining energy to curl up into a ball.

I tried to hold back the tears, but before I knew it, my whole body was shaking with my sobs.

I was so scared.

I wanted it to end.

I wanted them.

I wanted him.

Mitch...

Mitch's P.O.V

Scott and I were back at our apartment.

I was lying on the couch with my arm over my eyes and Scott was in the shower.

Suddenly, there was a loud knocking on our door. I groaned and stood up, knowing I was going to have to answer it.

I opened the door and prepared to deal with whoever it was. 

But there was no one there. 

Looking up and down the hallway, I still couldn't see anyone.

I was about to close the door when I looked down and spotted a white envelope lying on our doormat.

Picking it up, I checked the hallway one last time before I went inside, closing the door behind me.

I went into the kitchen and sat down at the table to open the letter.

I opened it slowly. I wasn't sure why, but I felt like opening this was a bad idea.

Telling myself that I was being an idiot, I tore open the envelope and two pieces of paper fluttered out. One landed on the floor so I bent down and picked it up.

Realizing it was a photo, I turned it over.

I stared at the picture for a long time, first sadness, then rage filling me.

It was a picture of Grace.

Her hair was tangled and her clothes were tattered.

Bruises covered her arms, legs and face. I was sure that there were more bruises but I couldn't see them.

But the thing that really broke my heart and made me so angry was how scared she looked.

She wasn't just scared, she was terrified.

With shaking hands, I set the photo down on the table and picked up the other smaller bit of paper.

It only had a few words on it but gave me all the information I needed.

You want her back? Meet me at the address below at eight pm tomorrow. Or else...

-Michael

Below that was the address of the local park.

Just then Scott walked in with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Mitchy, have you seen my... What's that?"

I showed him the photo and note. He scowled and let out a low growl of rage when he saw the picture of Grace.

"What are you going to do?" He asked me.

"What else?" I said walking towards the phone.

"I'm going to call the team."