Chapter 5

*Just a little warning that there is going to be triggering content in this chapter.*

The next day when I got into art class I apologized to Mr. Cerulli about my annoyed outburst yesterday. I was just in a bad mood. He accepted my apology and said, "Don't worry about it. I understand that you were in a bad mood, and I said something that pushed you a little over the edge. I'm sorry." I was in disbelief at how well he read my mind. The class was learning how to draw a 3D sketch with a view point and a horizontal line, all that jazz. I was more focused on Mr. Cerulli's hands. The graceful movements they made as he drew, it was just mesmerizing. I rode the bus and went home to notice no one was there. I quickly made dinner, but not quick enough. I smelt the mixture of alcohol before I heard him. "Would you like to say anything about these drawings I found under your bed." I whipped around to see him holding about twenty drawings in his hands. "T-They are nothing. Just stupid drawings." "Just stupid drawings you say. Then why are they all of me and you, huh? I know what these mean." I started to tremble as he came closer. "T-They don't mean anything." Something was off about his usual drunk self. He threw the papers and they went fluttering into the air. I felt a lump grow in my throat. I was paralyzed in my place and I couldn't move. I felt his hands slide around my waist. I shoved him away but he slapped me and dragged me by my hair and threw me onto the living room carpet. Before I could get up he was on top of me. "I have always known you wanted to be like this with me. That's why you drew those drawings." I struggled against his weight. "No, it's because I hate you. Your abusive and an asshole." He didn't listen and started to kiss my neck. "Please stop. Get off!" But it was no use. Then I did the last thing I could think of doing. I smacked him as hard as I could across his face. He blinked for a second, and then growled, "I was going to be gentle, but it looks like I am going to be rough." He held on to my arms and I squeaked as I wriggled to get free. He continued kissing my neck. He let go of my arms for a split second to rip my shirt off, exposing my bra, which he also ripped off. I felt hot tears roll down my eyes as I knew that I was helpless. I cried out as he shoved himself into me and began to thrust. For the next however long it was, I sobbed as he continued to fuck me. After he was done he buttoned up his pants and said, "You can go back to your room now. I ran upstairs and took a hot shower. I scrubbed and scrubbed until my skin was red and raw. Then I lay down in my bed. I didn't sleep that night. The next morning about an hour before I usually got up I made him breakfast and ran out the door. I waited at the bus stop, but I knew the bus wouldn't come for another half hour. Then a familiar car drove up. "What are you doing sitting out here. The bus doesn't come for another half hour." I stuttered, "I-I know." He sighed, "Want a ride?" I looked back to see if I could see him looking, but saw no faces in any of the windows. "S-Sure. I guess." I got in his car and we drove off. "Did you not sleep well last night?" Concern was clear in his voice. "No. Not a wink." "Why not?" I looked at him, "Just couldn't." I couldn't tell him about my dad. Though he hasn't deserved such a name since I was eight. "If you have any problems you can tell me, okay?" I nodded, but I knew it was a lie. I didn't really pay attention in any of my classes. The images of my dad doing that to me kept playing in my head. "Lizzie. Lizzie!" I snapped out of it and stared at Mr. Cerulli, "What is shading Lizzie?" I stated, "Oh, shading is when you use dark colors, usually black, to add a shadow and a 3D look to your artwork." He nodded and continued. When the bell rang Mr. Cerulli said, "Lizzie, a word please." The class oooed as they exited. "You seemed distracted in class today. This isn't your normal behavior. Are you sure there isn't something you want to tell me?" I shook my head, "Positive." I walked out and headed home.