No mercy

I remember when I was younger and so simple minded. It was such a blissful thing not knowing the true dangers of the world. Not knowing how dangerous everything and everyone was.
We first met when we were in 2nd grade and all she wanted was to be my friend. At that age I had no friends and didn't really mind being alone. To be honest I feel like I would have been better of alone, but we became the best of friends. It was quite cute, I was so naive, but aren't we all at that age. So ignorant to other people's  intentions. One day we had gone to parent pick-up, just waiting for our parents. We had decided to play around. She had picked up and umbrella and opened it while we were inside and tossed it to me. It fell on the floor and I had picked it up.
She had said with a huge grin on her face,"Now, you have bad luck!"

In confusion I had said,"Then doesn't that mean you have bad luck too?"

She giggled and replied," NO, only people with your skin color get bad luck..."

And at that point I realized people are very simple minded as well. I had noticed that I myself was such a fool to think what I look like didn't matter...

(Disclaimer: This is just a story of events. No one is being named or blamed for their actions. This is simply a story for the people and me to look upon.)