Chapter 35

--Sebastian--

"Oh, my parents are here!" James shouts happily.

"That part," I mutter.

His parents are here? Now? Where are they? Why didn't James tell me they were coming today? I would have dressed a bit better and not like I just threw on the first things I saw after having intense shower sex.

I slowly look around the kitchen until I spot the two people standing next to James and I who have luggage at their feet and the male looking like an older version of James. There is no doubt in my mind that these are James' parents. My heart hammers in my chest as a million little butterflies erupt inside my stomach. Unintentionally my hand fists James' shirt and I hold onto him tightly.

"This is my dad, Daniel Fletcher. Dad is the real Alpha of the Black-Shadow Pack," James introduces.

The man James called Daniel sticks out a large hand for me to shake. I have to force myself to let go of James' shirt long enough to shake the man's hand. Daniel's hand is calloused like he works a lot, and his hold on my hand is almost too tight. He stands maybe an inch or two taller than James at six foot six or seven. His black as night hair is the same shade that James has and I have no doubt that James inherited his hair color from his father. His father's eyes are a light green though, nothing like James' light brown that I love so much. His face is handsome and he looks like an older version of James, you can even see the bulging muscles underneath his shirt. The man in dressed in a casual pair of blue jeans, a plain black shirt, and a nice leather jacket unzipped.

"And this is my mama, Aimee Fletcher. She's the Luna of the Black-Shadow Pack." James says as he gestures to the woman next to us. He still hasn't untangled himself from me, not that I'm complaining because I wouldn't let him go even if he tried with all the nerves taking over my body right now.

Aimee smiles at me but it doesn't reach her eyes and she doesn't outstretch her hand for me to shake, which automatically sets the butterflies off even worse. Why doesn't this five foot four woman want to shake my hand? Her brunette hair is dark but I now see who my James got his eyes from. Aimee shares the same shade of beautiful light brown eyes that my James has. Aimee has a pretty face that is gentle and loving looking. Aimee looks like the kind of person you would tell anything and everything to just because she has that trustworthy face. She is also in a pair of casual blue jeans and a nice beige long sleeved shirt underneath a long black and blue coat that is unzipped.

"It's nice to meet you both," I whisper shyly.

"It's nice to finally meet you as well, Sebastian," Daniel says with a gentle smile and head nod.

I glance at Aimee to find her staring at me with her eyebrows creased together tightly. James must have noticed the look his mother is giving me too because his hold on me tightens suddenly. Daniel cocks his head to the side as he looks at his wife.

"Mom?" James asks.

"I must speak with this child," Aimee suddenly says.

"What? Why?" James takes a step back, dragging me with him, away from both of his parents.

Aimee slides her eyes over to James. "I just want to speak to your mate without you hanging onto him like he is going to disappear into thin air any second,"

"He just might, he's been doing it for two days now," James grumbles.

"Have not," I grumble right back.

"Have too," James argues, but I have no fight in me to continue the playful arguing.

My heart slows down as my mind runs through every possibility of why Aimee Fletcher would want to speak with me. Alone of all things. Maybe she doesn't approve of me after all and is going to show her disgust of me the second we are alone. My hands start to sweat and I think I even stopped breathing for a few seconds.