Chapter 27 : Broken

We were happy. We started talking throughout the day as usual. Those skype sessions, calls and every single thing.

It seemed like, in a wick of a second, we had already completed three years of relationship then. Three years filled with a blend of happy and sad moments of life. We were really glad to stay together since so long. We even met twice or thrice in this period. Her father, started believing a little more in me after the college grades came out.

Now, it was the final year of college. It was time for me to prove my worth and get the best placement in the campus. I wanted Shatakshi's father to hand over Shatakshi to me, with all his love and respect. I had told Shatakshi about the preparations for the final year and my goal. She stood for me, and upheld me throughtout the year.

Finally, the moment had come. The final exams came. I was confident enough based on my preparations throughtout the year. I had worked real hard. Infact, even Shatakshi worked hard. Finals were over, and the result was awaited. I gave my interviews for the campus placements already, and I was even selected by the biggest campus job offer. The prerequisite was that I should be among the top 10 rank holders of the University. Now, there comes the hard part. I and Shatakshi were really waiting for the results to be out soon.

I told Shatakshi, that I would jump up to her place, the very next day of results, if I came in the top 10 candidates.

Finally, the time came. Results were to be out on the next day. I and Shatakshi both were curious as well as nervous. We just prayed that I would get among the top 10 candidates of the University, go to Vizag, and ask her father for her proudly.

I could not even sleep the entire night before results. I just kept thinking about the outcome and consequences.

The sun arose and it was the day of results. This was the moment I had always been waiting for. According to the preparations, I had an intention that I would come in the top candidates of the University merit list. I had got a bourne for my life.

I was shocked to see my result, and my heart just skipped a beat.

My name was not even in the top fifteen students of the university.

I just could not believe it to myself. I was disappointed of myself. That trauma just put me in to depression for a few moments.

Shatakshi was calling over and over again. She had an amazing pointer. But, I just could not handle her due to embarrassment, and my inner unconsciousness.
_______________________________________