Reality burns out

My legs burned in agony. This was not my definition of travelling. Walking all the way from.......Brooklyn bridge to the Empire State Building! God help me!
I clutched my Percy Jackson and Titan's Curse and flipped chapters as I scanned through the dog-eared pages.... I was by heart with this thing, yet, it never gets old......
"Percy sucks! I swear, that thing is soooooo imaginary, you could imagine him riding unicorns through rainbows!" Steve moaned and I answered defiantly, " Just because you love Marvel, it doesn't mean that everything HAS to be science okay..."
"Fine, Liz, I dare you to ask that watchman to take you up to your stupid little Mount Olympus..."
"Shut up, Steve, we're near the Gods' realm, you-"
"Oh come on.....wait a sec...maybe you're too scared to ask him, you are afraid you'd be wrong about you Zeusy and Posie and whatever..."
"Shut your trap, Steve. I'll do it. And you are going to be very surprised"
Steve yawned sarcastically, "oh yeah, I definitely don't want to miss the gods kicking you out.."
I wondered what kind of a stupid cousin Steve was, but was given no reply. I guess he really was a pile of poo, as Sofia says. My younger sis has more brains then that 16-year-old idiot.
I strode up to the building, surpassing the huge line for the lift and I felt my conscience laughing.
"Floor 600 please" I asked politely, choking back laughs, watching the watchman's bored expression. Suddenly, his grimace stretched into a smile as he held the visitor line and motioned me inside, "Get in"
The lift shot high and so did my doubts. Was the watchman pulling my leg? I had no bloody idea.
I watched as Steve and my family dissolved into tiny specks and the sound of complaining visitors echoed out of my ears.
Suddenly, the door groaned open, they were no longer made of metal, and a stunning view shone in my eyes. Buildings, vertical columns, statues and pavilions skirted alongside the path, and at the head, stood a throne room.
Mount Olympus.