We try to find the doors to hell

I opened my heavy eyelids and stared at the ceiling that glistened like water. I yelped. I was underwater!

I swiftly sprang up, got to my feet and banged my fists on the walls.
"Let me out if here, you fish-tails!" I howled.
"There's something called a door, you know, HappyFins" a voice mumbled from behind and I turned, gripping OptiMist into a bow and arrow. There stood, or whatever they call in merman language, the heir of Poseidon's throne, Prince Triton. His tail split into two at the end and his body looked strong and muscular. His hair stood combed on his head and he looked much like Poseidon. I nocked an arrow and steadied myself.
"Woah there..I just want to talk"
"Where are my friends? Where is Percy Jackson?" I demanded, ignoring his calm voice.
"They are talking with father, but on my special request, father allowed me to talk to you. And I must say watching you sleep was amazing" He smiled. His smile was the most heart-warming smile ever, but I didn't let my guard down.
"Sorry, but take me to Poseidon" I bawled and he grinned.
"So beautiful, incarnation of Hera, Aphrodite, Artemis" - he ran his fingers through my hair and I slapped him off- "Yet negative. Too much Hades. Too much Ares and Apollo. But I would be honoured. Will you marry me, Elizabeth Allen?"
I stood frozen. I was thirteen and this guy was proposing to a mortal who was like whatever years younger or so.
Then again, I was charmed. He seemed a pleasant guy, and I started second-guessing myself.
Stop second-guessing. Do it. Plan number 12.
I grinned, when suddenly the door groaned open and my two pals burst in. Fred leaped onto Fishlegs with full force and tackled him to the ground, muttering ancient Greek curses. I guess there was no plan 12 today.
Poseidon entered the room, beaming brightly.
"Father!" Triton yelled but Poseidon answered calmly, "One must never flirt with a girl when she has such loyal friends and a firm mind"
"Aren't you going to help him?" Adam asked calmly from Poseidon's side and the sea god twisted his head into a no.
"He has been flirting too much nowadays. Teach him a lesson. Now come. All three of you" he said and ushered us to the throne room, leaving a grain-beaten Prince sprawled on the floor.
---------------------------

"I am considerately aware of your fatal flaw, Elizabeth" Poseidon began, his voice echoing off the walls of the ginormous sea palace.

"What? What is it?" I shrieked.
"That you must understand it on your own. Now, for your trip to the Underworld, you would need these"
He handed three perfume bottles to us.
"What are we supposed to do, spray ourselves to death?" Fred exclaimed, arching an eyebrow sarcastically.
"Well, here's someone with my sense of humour" a voice hailed from behind and Percy Jackson entered, and my heart did a belly-flop. Here he was, in reality, his sea-green eyes sparkling like emeralds.
"How...what....why did you come to help us? I'm sure you just didn't happen to surf across the sea with Medusa's head?!" I stammered.
"Chiron sent for me. All the other seven are busy with their studies. Then again, I'm never 'busy'" Percy said, making air-quotes in the the water. Hah.....funny.
"Spray a bit of that stuff, and it will transport you directly to your fateful place" Poseidon added. I groaned to myself. Why didn't he just give us a teleportation device or a ticket with discount or something. Like a Family card specifying an Underworld entry fee(Save 100 drachma! Pay for Express Underworld and get to the meet the souls! No other deal would be better enough! Offer ends 20th January!)
Suddenly, the clouds thundered up ahead, like really up ahead, and Poseidon's smile faded.
"You've been down here too long. Your fate awaits. Goodbye, Heroes" he announced and then the scene melted into distance. My head started spinning wildly and I felt myself floating.
"Faith approaches. Are you aware of this line, Elizabeth?" Poseidon's voice rolled in my head.
"No" I whispered back.
"You know it, dear Liz. Just focus. It's in you head"
"I....I....I don't.....know.."
"You do my dear, but you would only realise it later for-"
"The answers lie in the base, not peak" I mumbled and I felt myself break onto the surface of the water.
"Liz!" Fred's voice echoed in my ears, and I felt a strong pair of hands seize me and pull me aboard a ship.
"You okay?" Fred asked, completely traumatised and I spluttered,"yeah...am fine"
"She better be, causes we have almost reached the Underworld" Percy said(don't ask me from where he came from, I just know he did) and Adam smiled.
"I guess we're approaching my home ground now"

-----------------------------

We hit the shore , and looked around. Manhattan beach.

"Come on, we're off to the DOA studios" Percy declared and our troop set off. Okay, I still couldn't believe it that I was with THE Percy Jackson, so I was trying to keep my excitement to the minimum, but whateves.

"Wait a sec, how do we get to Los Angeles in a car. It would be like a two day drive!" Fred exclaimed and Adam smiled.

"That's why you've got me"

He grasped Fred's and Percy's hand and I gripped Fred. Percy's face looked pale, like he had done this before (which of course, he had), then again, he had done many things.

We melted into the shadows and appeared in Los Angeles.

"Woah..." Fred exclaimed and I saw Percy steady himself.

"Follow me" he said and he led to a store.

"DOA. Dead On Arrival. Yeah, THAT sounds cheerful!" I muttered sarcastically and Adam threw me an exasperated look. Then his eyes grew calculating, as if thinking about something, but I tore  away from his penetrating glare and followed Percy, leaving Fred and Adam outside.

"No living, huh?" I heard Fred exclaim, and Adam started some speech about some stupid souls who thought they were alive, and Fred flailed his hands in a 'I surrender' position.

"Well then, I guess you would get a free pass, wouldn't you, Death Guy?" Fred asked mockingly and Adam performed some fake laughter.

Honestly, I hadn't seen that guy laugh. Yet.

"No living allowed. And as far as I can recall, you have entered before, Percy Jackson" Charon, the ferryman, muttered looking thoroughly bored.

"Hey man, I got some drachma for you. Want it?" Fred and brandished some gold drachmas.

"Sorry, I am quite content with my pay, and as you may like to know" His eyes darted to Adam "Hades has closed this entrance for souls, as a matter of painful arrival"

"What? Father would never do such a thing!" Adam yelled.

"Like father, like son" commented Fred and Adam started burning in anger.

"Look" Percy said, placing his hand on Adam, calming him down, "The Door of Orpheus lies in Central Park. We could go through there"

"You sure?"

"I'm sure"

----------------------------------

"Ermm...Percy..which rock pile was it again?"

"I think it was this one...yes this" he said and I brought my flute back to my lips and played a tune. No rock split open.

The evening was settling in quickly. I couldn't believe we had defeated the Ketos Athiospios just a day before. Lets see, we left at the 1st and that day the beast attacked. On the third, Poseidon sent us here because Adam told we were unconscious for a whole day. So technically, today was the 3rd of Jan and we hadn't reached the Underworld and got no sleep. Wow...this was getting more like a drama than anything else!

Suddenly, the air shimmered and Chiron came into view.

"Elizabeth, all the gods are blaming Hades for all the weird happenings. You must get there quickly and see what's wrong. Then, you must reach The Mississippi River, where the Amphidromia of a child is going to happen. And it is not any ordinary child"

"Amphidromia? Isn't that the feast held seven days after a child's birth?" Adam asked and Chiron nodded.

"The gods have decided to intervene, but Apollo believes it has to be done as said by the prophecy. It has to be done by you. What's more, The Apples of Hesperides have been stolen and Atlas has no idea who has stolen them"
"Bet you anything that he knows" Percy muttered under his breath and I nodded. Stealing it from there was impossible, it could have anything but thievery.
"But how are the apples related to Hades and how are Hades and the apples anyhow related to this child?" Fred asked, voicing my deep thoughts.
"I don't know. But all of you must head into the Underworld and I am sure you'll find the answer." Chiron justified. "Now..One more thing before...."
Suddenly, the vision evaporated and all of us stole nervous glances. We needed to find that door. Like, right now...
We searched and searched Central Park, but finally collapsed near a tree, delirious with pain and hunger, unable to find anything but debris.

"Ugh! Which one was it!" Percy exclaimed angrily and kicked a stone, sending it scrambling to another pile of rocks. Adam and I glanced at each other. This was the Door of Orpheus.