Chapter TWENTY-NINE

Edited - 8/2/19

Calum

"You two what?!"

I winced at the loudness of Michael's voice, pulling my phone a few inches away from my head.

It was only ten a.m. for crying out loud.

I let him freak out a bit more, waiting until he stopped screaming before I placed my phone back to my ear.

"He went home with you last night after you made-out in the dressing room and you expect Ash and I to believe that nothing—"

"Nothing happened, Michael." I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. I knew I should've waited before answering his call. "We kissed and then he left. His friend picked him up and drove him home."

"So, are you two dating? Like, for real now?"

"I guess so," I found myself replying. I stepped into the bathroom that connected to my room. "Hold on, I have to brush my teeth." I put the call on speaker.

"You finally grew the balls to ask him out!" Michael laughed on the other line, his voice echoing around the bathroom. "And you gave him hickeys, oh dear God!" His laughter grew.

I shook my head, not even bothering to reply since I was currently brushing my teeth.

"The pictures are everywhere online. Literally everywhere. I can't believe Luke even allowed you to do that!"

Once word spread and the pictures taken by paparazzi got out, Patricia sent me a message with only one sentence: Alright, go ahead.

I finished brushing my teeth, closing my eyes in annoyance when Michael started reading tweets out loud.

I need a video of how this happened.

This is fucking hot.

I need them to make-out in front of me.

I would've found it funny too if I wasn't so busy being embarrassed. Michael was probably in tears given how much he's been laughing.

"Shut up!" The words came out my foamy mouth barely understandable. Once I rinsed out my mouth, I decided to change the topic. "You've been bugging me for the past thirty minutes. Can we talk about something else now?"

Michael had decided to spend his free time with his family, saying he's missed them and how he wanted to get away from me and Ashton. Ashton apparently made a show of saying goodbye last night, kneeling in front of him and pretended to cry in front of Michael's condo. Michael just gave him a candy bar. Ashton had stopped his acting immediately after that and simply said bye before skipping to his own condo.

"I'll let you change the subject only because I know you're nervous for your date," Michael replied. I practically heard the smirk. "Anyway. The fam's great, we're going out today." Our conversation naturally went on from there as I started dressing up.

Michael was in the middle of another one of his food rants (he has plenty of those) when the doorbell rang. 

"Oh," Michael said. "Is that who I think it is?"

"Fuck off."

"Go get him, tiger!" He said before doing what I assumed was a tiger sound. "I'll talk to you later. Have fun!"

"Yeah, you too," I said, running a hand through my hair in front of the mirror. "Bye, Mikey."

"Bye, Column!"