Chapter 2

Friday.

My eyes shot open when I heard the roar of an engine. Hurrying out of my warm, cosy, delightful bed I tiptoed to the window because the wooden flooring beneath my feet was ice cold to the touch. "Shit". Colton was in his car pulling out of the driveway. I didn't know what to do, I opened the window but by the time I managed to get the rusty hinges to move he was gone. I guess I'm walking to school. Asshole.

As per usual I decided to wear my black ripped knee skinny jeans and my band tee. I straighten my forest brown hair letting it fall just before my hips. Today I was wearing my favourite boots - my black timberlands. Many people at school don't like my style, probably because it pretty much grunge 24/7 and this doesn't seem to fit with my 'personality' however they have know idea what I'm really like.

I reached downstairs and no one was home. Mum was at work and dad well he died when I was 8. I loved him so much. It destroyed our family when he died, my mother wouldn't speak for months, she would barely come out of her room for weeks. She would barely look at me. It's because it was my fault. I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have gone out that night.

As I got out the door and was locking it I heard a voice call out. It was the came cold raspy voice I had previously heard the day before. It sounded like it held no emotion yet it was full of it. I hesitated to turn around because I knew too well who it belonged to. I swung around. "Need a ride?" His tall muscular body was leaning against his car. His gaze reaching me. His dark chestnut but brown eyes starting deep into me. Specks of gold hinting and lighting up around the pupil. His hair messy like he just got out of bed. However it was perfect. His jaw tensed waiting for an answer.

"I'd rather walk" I scoffed. He raised his hand to his chest and gasped pretending to be hurt by my comment. "Come on, just once" I turned and started to walk away. He rushed to the drivers seat and reversed out of the drive way blocking the path. "You mind" I spat at him. I wasn't in the mood for jokes this morning. I turned and walked away again. Slowly creeping behind me was his car. I could hear the window opening. "Hurry up and get in the car already" I looked at him in disbelief. I didn't even know this guy and he has the audacity to order me about. However we did live far away from school and it was about a 30min walk ahead of me. "If I get in will you shut up". At this he smiled but it wasn't his usual grin, it look genuine, like an actual smile.

I hesitantly opened the door and got in. As soon as the door slammed shut he sped off. "So yo..." I cut him off. "You said you would shut up". I can feel his glare on me but I don't give in. I keep looking straight forward. "You're a feisty one". At this point I knew he wasn't going to shut up so I thought I'd play along. "Only for you babe" I winked at him. If he's trying to seduce me I think I'll do the same. I mean I'm much better than him. He grinned.

"Are you going to the party tonight?". I wasn't surprised that he got invited since he was already part of the 'populars'. "Only if you're going" as I said before I don't care what people think so me so I really don't give a fuck about what I say to people. An emotion of surprise swept across his face. I guess he didn't think that I would answer back like that.

We pulled into the car park of the school. As soon as he turned the engine off I was out the car and gone without even giving him a second look.

~~~

The whole school day was pretty boring except lunch when Jax told the funniest joke and Brandon ended up choking on his drink and it spewed out of his nose and dribbled down his mouth and off his chin. Despite this it was a normal day.