Chapter 2 - Extraction

April 15th 2014

Port Che-wong

North Tokyo - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After an hours worth of walking with Sadiq slung over his shoulder, Sam rendezvoused with Briggs at the port  in North Tokyo. The weather seemed to have gotten more aggressive the longer he stayed out in the open, soon after, Sam was greeted by a waving man that seemed to be swaying. Briggs was stood up in a dingy, the intense green light of his goggles flared greatly as Sam closed in on his destination.

Sam's OPSAT couldn't reach any kind of signal through the outside world, due to the extremely relentless downpour.

Rain struck his suit like small punches, the crashing whine of the wind and rain blurred out Briggs' shouting from the distance, it just appeared to Sam like a hooligan was jumping up and down like a child would.

Briggs' voice slowly cut through the rough of the noise.

"Sam! Hostiles at 6 o'clock!" yelled the man.

For that second, Sam's expression switched to pure shock upon realizing his situation, yet keeping his cool. He spun around whilst at the same time, drawing his firearm with immense speed and pointing it behind him. Several SUVs cranked to a halt further down the pier, clusters of units burst out of the rear doors and trudged towards Sam's position in a tactical formation. Their most noticable feature were the crimson red goggles based over their spy-like facemask, all of their appearances were disguised.

Sam thought, "Damn these must be the high-class mercenaries the Blacklist ordered to take me out."

They clearly have outnumbered him, Sam turned and sprinted towards Briggs' position.

Briggs saw his comrades struggle and almost by instinct, twisted the key and started the engine, revving it little by little so they both could shave a few seconds off of possible survival.

Sam leaped into the dingy with a weighty thud, setting Sadiq down quickly. Briggs hit the pedal and jolted forward instantly with full acceleration, leaving Tokyo behind in its crumbling state.

"Christ, that was a close one eh, Sam?" joked Briggs.

"Just get us back to the plane, ASAP." said Sam, breaking the comical atmosphere.

Next - Chapter 3 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -