Chapter 1

Hi everyone! This is my new book, The Assassin's Job! This is an UnderMafia story, so prepare for one heck of a ride!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~Wing's P.O.V~~~

Over the course of my life, I learned plenty of things, the two main ones being don't turn your back on anyone and if you want to live a life, you gotta earn that right. Like they used to say, life isn't a privilege, it's a right. I think I've earned that right on more than one occasion. But that's not important right now. 

My name is Wings, yes I know; it's a bit of a weird name, but I'm a monster and most monsters don't have a normal name. Currently, I'm in an fight in an alley no less and it kinda just got real bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat on the roof of an apartment building, waiting for a little action when my big ears picked up the sound of humming. I grabbed my 2.43 Remington Rifle laying next to me before standing up and jumping down onto the platform of the water tower that sat on top of the building. I slung my gun onto my back and jogged over to the ladder. I grabbed the sides of the ladder and jumped, sliding down all the way down. I hit the ground with a bounce and ran towards the alley below were the humming was coming from. 

I reached the edge of the building, knelt down and peered over the edge. At first, all I saw was an empty alley, then I saw a person. She looked like she was about 11, maybe 12. She was quiet humming a song that I knew as a kid. I closed my eyes and began to nod my head along to the beat as she hummed. I nearly started singing when the humming came to a stop. I snapped open my eyes and began searching the alley for the kid. I quickly found her, but she was pinned against the wall, whimpering in fear as a group of men surround her. I gritted my teeth in anger and pulled the hood of my cloak over my head before grabbing my gun of my back. I knelt down, closed one eye and looked through the scope. I zeroed in one of the guy's heads and quickly pulled the trigger. The sound of the bullet leaving the camber definitely got their attention for sure. The man didn't even get the chance to move before he screamed and dropped down to the ground, dead. 

I stood up and put my gun back onto my back as the people below tensed and searched for their unknown attacker. I reached into my cloak and drew out my desert eagle pistol, "Hey douche bags!" They all looked up at me, " Eat lead!" I shouted before pulling the trigger twice and jumping from the roof, my shots hit their mark. I hit the ground and rolled behind a dumpster, "Why don't you pick on someone your own size! LIKE ME!" I jumped out from behind the dumpster and shot at several of the gang as they took cover. I bolted towards the kid and grabbed her before tumbling into a stack of crates. I winced when my head made contact with the crates, but shook it off. I looked down at the kid in my arms and smiled, she was looking up at me with tears in her eyes and a smile on her face. "Listen kid, I got a plan to get us out of here. But for it to work, I need you to follow it to a T. That sound okay?" I yelled over the sound of the many gunshots going off. The kid nodded her head repeatedly, "Good, okay so this is what we're going to do."

There was no sound in the ally, all was still, for a few minutes at least. "Do ya think we got em'?" One of the men whispered, "I don't know. Joe, go see if their dead." "O-okay boss..." The sound of footsteps echoed off the alley walls as Joe approached the crates. Joe pecked his head around the corner, "THEIR-" A gunshot cut him off. Joe's body dropped down onto its knees, then flopped down on his face. The bullet had went straight through his open-mouth and out the back of his head. 

Wings sucked in a deep breath and slowly let it out. She pushed off the wall and ran out from behind the crates and shot a round of bullets at the gang of muggers. "Kid, come on! I'll cover you!" The kid ran out from the ally and in the way she had come to get here, "Don't stop kid!" Wings shouted over her shoulder as she advanced on the muggers.

Not to long after, they were all dead. "Well, they were a little more..." Wings stopped to think about the word, "Trained, I guess. But not well-trained enough." She hissed as she kicked one of the bodies laying on the ground. Suddenly, another thought came to Wing's mind, "The kid! I hope she's okay!" Wings turned away from the massacre and towards a fire escape, "I'll find her from the roof." Wings pulled herself onto the top of the building and began hurtling across roofs, searching the streets below for the small kid. Wings's eyes locked onto a small ball of energy running up the street below her. The kid continued to run until she saw something that instantly caught her attention. A group of monsters. The kid was about to run towards them when she stopped. She looked back up towards the roof and locked eyes with Wings, and gave her a thumbs-up. Wings nodded in response, knowing the girl was fine now, but still got her DE pistol out anyway and stood up from her crouching position. 

Kid turned and ran across the street towards her group of monster friends, who seemed to be looking for her. "Guys! I'm right here!" When the kid shouted, everyone turned their attention towards her and one of them ran towards her and scooped her up. "My child, where were you? We were very worried." Kid just smiled, "I went down Juniper Alley," The group gave a gasp, making Wings smirk. "But don't worry, I'm fine, my new friend helped me. They got rid of the group that lived there." The goat monster holding Kid stared at her in confusion, while the rest of the group spoke in hushed whispers. "My child, what friend are you talking about? I don't see anyone with you." Kid just giggled, "She's not here goat-mom, She's up there." Kid said before pointing towards me. 

*****No one's P.O.V*****

Several members of the group cocked their guns, ready to fire when the goat monster stopped them, "Wait, do not shoot. It saved my child." The goat monster looked up towards the mysterious hooded figure on top of the building, "Thank you for saving my child. Do you have a name, stranger?" The figure nodded before signing something with it's hands and disappearing. Kid, also known as Frisk, eye's widened as she watched her hero, and new friend,  disappear. "Wow...." Toriel, the goat monster, was curious, "What did they say my child." Frisk looked back her mother and whispered, "To call them BT," Frisk paused, "Or Blood Shot." Toriel covered her mouth in shock. "BT? The BT? You sure kid?" Sans asked as he stepped out of the tense group and stopped by Toriel. Frisk looked down at Sans, "I'm sure Sans, I mean, what I saw in that alley, that could only be the work of a trained assassin." Sans looked back at the group of monsters, "Alright kid, Undyne, Papyrus, G, and Frisk, we're going to Juniper Alley. We're gonna see if this is really him" He paused, "We're gonna see if it really was the legendary BT."