Part 1: Me

"Sophia, you have to understand. Your mom got a promotion over here. We are moving for the best. You're going to like this town you'll see."
"And it's not even that far away." Said my mom.
"Yeah, six hours in a car pass extremely fast."
"I'm not telling you that you can go there every weekend, but you'll have plenty of time in the holidays."
I stared outside for a second, looking at all of those small boring houses. Nothing compared to the huge and shining buildings in LA.
"You're gonna like it. You just don't know that yet."
I put my feet in the seat and closed my eyes, hoping to wake up back in my bedroom and realize that this was all just a bad dream. But that didn't happen.
                                  ***
I got into what was our new house. It was bigger than the old one for sure. But it wasn't my home. I went upstairs carrying only my backpack to look at the rooms. They were all sad and white. I wanted to throw myself on the floor and start crying. My phone started to ring. Laurel.
"Hey, girl." She said when I answered it. "How is it going? Are you already there?"
"Yep. It's awful, Laurel. I swear, it's all just so depressing. And I already miss you guys so much."
"I know. But we'll see each other soon. There are a bunch of holidays before winter break. We'll find a way."
"Yeah."
"I'm sure you need to unpack your stuff now. FaceTime later?"
"For sure. Tell Lily that I sent her a kiss."
"Sure. Bye."
"Bye."
"Honey," called my dad. "Let's go out to dinner. You can choose."
"Thanks, dad. But I think I'll stay here and try to make this room feel like mine. You two go."
"You sure?"
"Yep. Go on."
"Ok, bye sweetie."
"Bye, dad."
They left and I went to the kitchen so I could fix myself something. I just did not want to go out with them right now. A few seconds later someone knocked on the door.
"Hi! I'm Hanna, I live right across the street. My mom baked these cookies and told me to come here give them to you as a welcome to town."
"Thanks. I'm Sophia, by the way."
"Nice to meet you. Are you going to the local High School on Monday?"
"Yeah. I'm a junior."
"Me too. Maybe we'll have classes together."
"Yeah. So, do you like living here?"
"Yes. I mean, I never lived anywhere else. But I like this town. It has many more things than most expect."
"It seems lonely."
"Not really. It's really nice. Where are you from?"
"Los Angeles."
"Oh, that's why." She said smiling. "Yeah, this town is nothing compared with LA, but I guess it's pretty nice. I hope you enjoy over here."
"Yeah, me too... Hanna, I have something in the oven, do you wanna come in?"
"Oh, I actually have to go. But I see you later. Thanks."
"Okay, bye."
"Bye."
I closed the door. She seemed nice and the cookies smelled really good. Maybe I'll get used to live here.