Chapter 1...

Ainsley's POV

---------------

'Oh my God, this class is so boring!!' I read on the note my best friend, Vanessa, passed over to me. We both made direct eye contact and nodded.

I clicked my pen and started writing on the small price of pink paper.

'I know, right! I absolutely hate Criminalestry! I mean, we already know about Poison Ivy's Phemame Breath! But, hey! Look on the bright side. After this super boring class, we have Physical Weaponation!' I balled up the note and threw it at Vanessa's leg. She acted like she had to scratch her ankle, and picked the note up, then read it.

Vanessa's voice invaded my head.

'I hear that Ms.Vyne is actually letting us use real sunbeams transported all the way from Tameran today! I can believe Queen Kori'ander AKA Starfire approved!'

This is one of the many differences Vanessa and I have.

Vanessa has powers, and I dont.

Vanessa's powers include: telekynesis, telepathy, teleportation. But, I can't do any of them back, the only thing I can do is look at her, my eyes lit, and nod.

Another one of Vanessa and I's differences is that she has straight, jet black hair. I have curly, golden blonde hair, that goes an inch past my shoulders. Whilst Vanessa's hair goes all the way down her back, and then some.

And both pairs of our eyes are different colors.

Vanessa's are an icy blue, and mine are a cold, stormy, grey( Imagine Bette with that color of eyes, please.).

Vanessa and I have known each other ever since KT. Which stands for Kindergarten Training.

I know, I know. What kind of school has that?

Well, this isnt your ordinary school. Its a school for superheroes-in-training. Powered or non-Powered.

At the end of 12th grade, the school decides if you are mature enough to become a superhero, or a sidekick. If you're really skilled, then you can end your schooling early and get started on saving people.

But the schools a secret, just not the heroes.

And the school you're hearing about is, well, called Hero Academy.