Prologue

«♚» 

Once upon a Time,

This story did not take place so long ago you had to put 'once upon a time' in the beginning of the story. In fact, it happened in the modern era where smartphones existed, and people's greatest fear was having no wifi. Or at least, that was one of Marinette's greatest fears.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng was the French Princess, at age 17. Half French, and half Chinese, she had dark, blue pigtails, tied back with red hair ties, and she would often call herself a 'bluenette,' which was probably never a word that even existed. She liked to sew her own clothes, and considered herself a fashion designer. She wore her own designs, showcasing it proudly, as any self-esteemed designer would.

Her favorite clothing she created was probably a grey blazer, rolled up with sleeves. Underneath, she would wear a white t-shirt with a design of black and pink flowers, carefully stitched into the fabric. She also wore pink jeans, which were rolled up at the bottom and often wore black earrings, which turned red underneath the sunlight, with black spots carefully designed onto them.

She had gotten it as a gift, from one of her favorite tutors, Master Fu.

Adrien Agreste was a model, also at age 17. He had blond hair and light green eyes, which resembled cat-like eyes when under the sun. He had fair skin, with the occasional rosy tint. Those features are probably what made him a model in the first place. That, and his rich and famous dad who practically owned a fashion designing industry.

He wore a white button-down shirt with an upturned collar, and he rolled up his sleeves above his elbow. Underneath his white shirt, he wears a black shirt with five horizontal stripes that stretch across his chest which are colored, from top to bottom, yellow, olive green, bright green, dark green, and periwinkle. He wears blue jeans and orange sneakers, with white laces, which has his father's logo on it. A black butterfly. Some speculate that the clothing he wears comes from his father's unpublished line of clothing, while others think he had hired someone unique to create the clothing for him.

He often traveled abroad, due to his model career, and because of that, he met many people. One who gave him the silver ring on his finger that he constantly wore.

These are the two main protagonists of this story.

While Marinette was royalty whom was socially awkward,

Adrien just happened to be a rich dude who liked puns. Especially cat puns. He favored them more above any other type of pun. Even he didn't know why. Maybe it had to do with his pet cat, Plagg (who had a creepy craving of Camembert.)

And out of all the people in the world, they just so happened to meet at crossroads.

----

A/N: 

Hello there! ^^ 

That was just a little introduction to the characters, who I think you know very well by now! I suck at adding descriptions of clothing in the actual story so I'm just going to add it here! :')

Thank you for picking this book to read in your spare time! This is/was the original Home||Miraculous Ladybug. I accidentally deleted it, but I'm pretty happy to be going at a fresh start!

This will take place in Marinette's POV and I'm not exactly sure how many chapters this will have yet. In this AU, there are no superheroes, and no Hawkmoth! Only awkward teenagers. :)

Hope you enjoy, the next chapter will be uploaded sometime this week so hang on for a bit, ya~? I already have a couple of chapters written out so you shouldn't be waiting very long for updates! Okay, thank you!!

----

NOTES:

WARNINGS: Contains mature language, no smut, only fluff and angst (you sinners best get out of here 'cause I have no idea how to write those xD)

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of the characters, except my own. All characters belong to their respectful owners; Zagtoon, Method Animation, Toei Animation, SAMG, etc. Only the plot and storyline belongs to me.

SHIP: Adrienette only c: (sorry Ladynoir, Marichat, and Ladrien fans)

COVER CREDITS: @SummerSnowQueen ;)