Mission Report: No. 1

She inhaled the icy breeze, letting the cold soak into her skin. She sighed, letting her pure, white wings slump slightly, a rarity for someone in her position.

   "Talon!" A man's voice snapped her from her daydream. She glanced up from the air conditioning unit and gave the intruder a dirty look, her wings tightening into attention.

   "What could you possibly want, Lucas?" She grumbled and he raised an eyebrow at the name.

   "It's Achilles and is this how a highly trained assassin spends her free time?" He chided as Talon huffed and stood to face him.

   "It is when you aren't around, Lucas." She replied, puttibg emphasis on his name. She stretched her wings a bit while he frowned and kept quiet. She chuckled and walked to him.
They were similar in height, Talon stood at around six foot five and Lucas was about six two. They had a long history of bickering and cooperation that made the bosses shudder in annoyance.

   "Talon." Interjected an equally tall brunette and she glanced to him, softening slightly. "Pierce has requested you to his office."

   She nodded, leaving the room for a moment, leaving the boys to themselves.

   "What's going on?" Demanded Lucas, turning to the other man. The other stayed silent, his eyes were glazed over and his expression was blank. Lucas gave him a dirty look before attempting to leave the room.

   "You can't leave yet." The man murmered, his metallic hand grabbing Lucas' shoulder to stop him. Lucas swung at him, tearing his arm away from his shoulder settling quickly into a fighting stance.

   "Don't tell me what to do, Red Star." He hissed, getting ready to swing again but being stopped by the return of Talon.

   "We need to go." She stated blankly. She walked past them, grabbing their wrists as she went. Lucas phased through her hand but the brunette didn't argue. "Lucas, we need to get this done!"

   "What needs to get done!?" He snapped. The other gave him a cold glare as Talon ignored him. "Just tell me and we can get it done!"

   "Pierce-" The brunette interjected, getting sushed by Talon as they walked.

   "Don't scare him, Snowflake" Talon thought a moment and Red Star frowned again, "we need him for back up."

   "For what?" Lucas questioned yet again but Talon continued to ignore him.

   "Please wait for me on the roof." She stated calmly, walking briskly through the hall. "Take off is at 0100," she turned to the boys, "We gotta go to Sal." Alex haulted, nodding with understanding, and Lucas frowned deeply.

   "Sal?" He asked.

   "Yes," She got to the roof as she explained, spreading her wings in he early morning air, "he likes to meddle. We need to go." She turned to the boys, running at them and taking their arms in hers as she lifted them up into the sky. Alex held tightly to her, fearing the heights, while Lucas was annoyed and angry at them both.

   "What's the code?" He growled, crossing his arms but slipping out of her grasp ever so slightly and ending up clinging to her in fear.

   "TA7426."

~~~

They landed and snuck up to the window at the side. Talon stayed on ground level so that she could make contact first.

   "Salvation!" She called into the darkness. A few moments later the lights clicked on, revealing a vast trove of rancid, burlap sacs. The epitome of nasty work and all things gruesome. She drooped her wings to her sides as a sign of respect.