I'm sorry grandpa

The soft snow produced a crunchy sound as he moved, keeping his face buried in his long flash-yellow scarf and his gloved-hands in the pockets trying to not get freezed.

<<Gray surely love this damn cold, I don't know how he can always be half naked, even in the winter. I hate it.>> He thought while walking, and this made him smile.

Smiling was strange for him in those days, because his grandfather died two weeks ago.

Makarov Dreyar was, and still is even if he isn't here anymore, his name.

Being the grandson of the Fairy Tail's guild master gives you an enormous amount of responsibilities, mostly when you are the heir and he dies.

But he didn't care.

Deserted streets covered in that white soft flakes were the only thing that welcomed him in his little journey.

"Magnolia's Graveyard" was written on the sign at the entrance.

He slowly yet firmly pushed open the railing's gate, which moved with a squeaking sound.

The atmosphere was really beautiful, if you exclude the place's meaning: fresh and smooth snow covered everything equally with a thin layer of itself, showing a whiteness and a brilliance never seen.

It was even disgraceful "pollute" that place with footsteps or something else.

Anyway he started walking through the tombstones heading to the one he was interested in.

With respect and a sad smile he cleaned the snow from a tiny rock slab.

"Here rests Makarov Dreyar, born: XX - XX - XXXX; died: XX - XX - XXXX" was graven on it.

<<You have always been modest, never wanting to magnify things, even your death. As the fairy tail's master a big one belonged to you, yet you wanted this small stone.>> He said.

A tear slowly descended down his left cheek, followed by one down the right cheek, than by a stream that flowed from his eyes just to fall on the ground and being freezed for the cold.

He fell on his knees crying, a cry fully charged with pain and regret, a cry of someone who lost an important person too soon.

<<Why? Why had you to sacrifice yourself? Didn't you thought what could happen to me? Didn't you thought how could i feel after your death?>> He screamed at the tombstone.

<<I still need you! I need your wisdom, intelligence and patience! I need you as my guide, not as a magnificent light that I cannot reach even if I jump higher than the sky!>> The tears still flowing down his cheeks.

<<I am not like you! I can't be like you, neither now or in future.>>

<<You are right Luxus, you are not like me and you don't have to be. You are you so just be yourself.>> A voice came from the above.

He raised on his feet as fast as a lightning, just to see the blurry image of his grandfather standing on the tombstone.

He was wearing that funny striped orange and light-blue tunic with the jester hat and had a smile on his face.

<<G-gramps!>> Was the only sound which his mouth could produce in that moment. <<How... how did you get here?>>

<<This is not important, I'm here because I wanted to see you for Christmas. I have a message for you.>> He said putting a hand on Luxus' shoulder.

<<A message?>>

<<Yes, I wanted to let you know that I'm very proud of the person you became. You can guide Fairy Tail better than I did.>> The smile on his face grew bigger.

<<But... everything I did was wrong. I've been a monster with everyone after you kicked my father out the guild.>> Luxus stopped crying but you could feel the sadness in his voice.

<<It's the best thing of you Luxus, you're lawful; even if you had a dark moment. Everyone can make a mistake, but the most important part is to acknowledge that and return on the right path. And you did it.>> Makarov patted his head.

<<Thank you for your words, now I have understood; I promise I'll guide Fairy Tail as you did.>> He looked his grandfather in the eyes.

<<I'm sure of that.>>

<<Now I have one last thing to say: I'm sorry grandpa, I'm so sorry for what I did.>> Tears bursted again from his eyes.

<<It's not a problem anymore, now just follow the right path. Merry Christmas Luxus, I'll never stop to protect you from above.>> Said this last thing, his body became even more blurry, and than disappeared in the snow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<<Luxus! Luxus, wake up please.>> A female voice keeped calling him.

He slowly opened his eyes, but his vision was still blurry probably because of the freezing cold, so he could just see a human figure holding him tight.

<<Oh, you're awake! I thought you were frozen, I was afraid!>> The voice started to get familiar.

His vision cleared a bit and now he could recognize the girl that was holding him.

<<Mirajane, you didn't have to come.>> He said with low voice.

<<I had, if I didn't you would have died by hypotermia. Now come, we're returning to the guild.>> She slowly got up, supporting him.

<<I saw him, I saw Makarov.>>

<<You... what?!>>

<<I came like the other days to stay with him, but today he appeared to reassure me.>>

<<Really?>>

<<Yes. He said that he's proud of me and that I can guide Fairy Tail better than he did, but the most important thing is that he'll ever protect us from above.>> His voice became more strong and he smiled.

<<That's fantastic! Are you happy?>> She smiled back.

<<I am. Finally all my demons disappeared and thanks to him I feel ready to become the new master of Fairy Tail.>>

<<Very good. Oh look, we're arrived. But first you have one last thing to do.>> Her smile became sly.

<<One last thing? What?>> He was confused.

<<Kiss your girlfriend, it's still Christmas, no?>> She blushed.

<<You're right.>> He smiled again, than lifted her like a princess and kissed her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's notes:

Merry Christmas guys! I know I'm late, but hey, I'm lazy :)

Maybe it's better if I say "Happy new year guys!"

Ok, this sounds better.

First of all, I want to thanks @korolevax for giving me the opportunity of writing this oneshot for her Christmas contest.

Second thing, pardon me if you see grammatical errors but I'm italian and it's very difficult write something in another language (btw if something is wrong just say and I'll correct).

And... nada, I've said everything.

Bye bye

Stay tuned :)