War

That night, I got linked in and went up to the Tree of Souls.

My idea was somewhat desperate, but I needed to do something. The Na'vi had a strong belief in Eywa, Grace was with her now, so maybe she could help. I noticed Jake was there and listened to what he wanted to say, I could sense Neytiri near by watching him as well.

"I don't know if you're listening to me, but I hope you are. You need to know what's happening. If Grace is with you, look into her memories, see the world we come from. There's no green there. They killed their Mother and they're going to do the same here. More Sky People are going to come. They're going to come like a rain that never ends unless we stopped them. You chose me for something. You know I'll fight for them until my last breath, but I've need a little help here. Please, if you're there, help us."

i saw him close his eyes, and I knew where he was coming from. Our home isn't home to us. This was and wed be damned to let anyone destroy it.

I saw him let go and took notice of how close his mate's hand was to him.

"Our Great Mother does not take sides, Jake," said Neytiri, gently. "She protects only the balance of life."

"I had to ask," He murmured, as they rested their foreheads against each other's.

"I'm afraid Jake." She admitted. I felt like I was intruding on a private moment but if I moved they would spot me.

"The only thing I'm afraid of is not being with you," Jake admitted pausing for a second.
I heard him sigh. "Neytiri, if I had never come here with Tai..."

"We would all be lost to the Sky People," she interrupted. "We would have no hope. And my life would be meaningless. You are the reason I keep fighting. You are the reason my life has any purpose. I would rather die in the battle tomorrow than continue to live without you."

"I feel the same way," He murmured.

Soon they left to spend the rest of the night together. I could easily recognize the presence that was behind me. The same one that made me feel things I've never felt before. The one person who makes my heart beat oddly.

"Tsu'Tey, promise me one thing," I whispered, looking up to the night sky.

"What is it Akira?."

"Promise me that if I don't make it, you'll watch over Jake for me. Promise me."

He sighed and nodded. "I promise. But I do not believe you will die in tomorrow's battle. you are a strong warrior." shrugging I continued to watch the stars.

"I'm not as great as you Tsu'tey......" He lightly smacked the back of my head. Then pulled me slightly closer.

He lowered his voice as he looked into my eyes. "I will make sure you survive the battle tomorrow. You are a very precious person to me." My heart nearly jumped out of my chest as he said these words, waving him off I turned so he wouldn't see the dots on my face light up. Although I did see him smiling softly again.

The next morning, the Na'vi flew on their ikrans and I was on Ryuu, awaiting the Sky People and the war that would shape our future. Jake led the battle with Neytiri, Tsu'Tey and me behind him. We were all armed and painted and prepared for what lay ahead.

We had poisonous arrows, powerful animals were at our command, I has a few special ones that i took from base before we left, and dozens of us were clinging to a cliff awaiting the enemy.

Down below on the ground, hundreds of Na'vi on Direhorses began the attack. Up in the skies, we began attacking the flyers. Ryuu and I grabbed several of the flyers and flung them into the cliffs or into the other flyers causing them to explode. Jake was doing the same thing but with less trouble. Other flyers were taken down by the ikran and were destroyed.