Chapter 1: The little Accident

"Yuji!" Muta yelled, the sound of her yelling could've shaken the entire house if it was loud enough. "I'm up, I'm up!" I said through the muttered tone covered by my sheets. I stumbled to the bathroom to do my daily routine, brush my teeth, take a shower, etc. Our dorm wasn't as big as the others, but it was definitely better than living at my parents house all the way in Tokyo. Muta's parents wouldn't allow me there at their house, so a dorm was good enough, it wasn't a 5-Star hotel or anything, but it was good for having a roof over our heads. 

"Yuji! You're going to be late!" "Alright 'MOM'!" I yelled sarcastically as I got my clothes on, my job wasn't anything special, just animating for a small company making little kids stuff, it was kind of my dream, I dreamed of working at Studio Ghibli when I was young. I remembered the most brilliant work they would do,, such as Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, Ponyo, and my personal favorite, The Cat Returns. I ended up working for a weird group called Chīsana animētā, or Small animators in English.

My normal attire for my job isn't that suit and tie business, it's just a normal dress code, shirt and jeans, and it didn't matter if your shirt was inappropriate or not, it just mattered you wore clothes to work. I slipped into a porno graffiti shirt and threw on my jeans, I grabbed my art gear and made my way out the door.

"WAIT!" Muta screamed, she ran towards me and haanded me a pink handkerchief wrapped around a bento box, "You forgot your lunch, silly." She then pressed her lips together and placed them on my cheek to give me a kiss. We've been dating for over a year, and we would kiss each other goodbye like it was a holiday.

Chisana wasn't that far from the dorms, it was a couple miles away, past a coffee shop where everyone would go on their breaks or on their way to work. I personally would prefer my coffee with sweetness, like french vanilla flavoring and sugar, while everyone has that qwerk of getting "Peppermint berry bark surprise" or "Cherry Blossom explosion ". I just like my coffee sweet and tasty, not a random flavor made from trees and mints.

I arrived at the coffee shop and asked for my usual the same way I would normally ask for it, "French Vanilla, Iced, Grande. Please." all with a, not total or perfect, smile. They would ask for the same price for it which was 311.49 Yen.  I just took a seat and played games on my phone while I waited. 

Being distracted by the usual flappy bird, I looked up to find a strange man and woman walk in, they both had the same expression on their faces, it was that of dead inside. The woman had purple hair and wore a grey outfit, she had the attire of a teacher. The man next to her wore a brown jacket and looked cross eyed almost, I minded my own business and went back to playing on my phone. But my curiosity got the best of me, I looked to wherever their table was and found they were both sitting together, guessing they were a couple, I brushed it off and picked up my coffee to go. 

I made it to the studio in time for the meeting, it was boring as usual, we were supposed to finish up on the last few episodes of Ritoruhīrō (Little Hero) it was harmless, nothing but a kid dressed like a super hero with tighty whities over his outfit, making him look ridiculous. He claimed to have a super power, even though he was an 8 year old boy with dreams of being a hero. He would say that his power is helping people, which was stupid, but I didn't come up with it so I had to draw backgrounds for it, not people. It's failing right now but we would still green light stupid episodes like the time we had to animate the boy being trapped in a refrigerator, i had to draw sloppily made, poor excuses for backgrounds of a god damn refrigerator.

 It's failing right now but we would still green light stupid episodes like the time we had to animate the boy being trapped in a refrigerator, i had to draw sloppily made, poor excuses for backgrounds of a god damn refrigerator