Chapter 2

Human Dudes P.O.V.

I pretended to fall asleep, it wasn't that hard I haven't been able to sleep for a long time.

When I was growing up I lived on the streets. My dad kicked me out everyday once he found out I was gay. The only reason he kicked me out was because I snuck in at night. I had to grow up fast, and I learned to live alone.

It's not hard to be alone anymore. I don't know why I even came with Hunter. But he intrigued me.

Once Hunter fell asleep I got up and slowly made my way upstairs. I felt sorry for leaving him here. The aliens tend to travel in packs and they liked to venture downstairs. But I couldn't be in charge of people, that's suicidal. And from the looks of it, this family hasn't left their house and seen what's been happening upstairs.

Once out the door I started walking right.

"Honey!" I turned around to see my mom walking to me. She was dressed in a pretty red dress. Dad was taking mom out on a date and I was going to be babysat by our neighbors, Mr. Gilnor and Mrs. Gilnor. "Why aren't you in pj's yet? Come on. " she took me to my bedroom and took off my clothes to put on my pajamas. My dad was leaning against the doorframe when my mom turned around. I watched my mom kiss my dad and started giggling.

"Eww. Cooties!" My mom laughed and turned around looking down at my little 7 year old self.

"Oh yeah?" She picked me up and started tickling me, my dad was laughing behind her and pulled us into a hug.

I stopped walking completely forgetting the memory when I heard a yell. I looked around and realized I've unconsciously been walking towards my old house. I slowly took out my gun from my the back of my pants, I lost my other weapons in a fight a while back.

I heard the yell again.

It was almost sunrise, damn I've been walking far too long. I'm surprised I haven't been ambushed or killed yet, especially when I start to daywalk.

The yell sounded closer. I turned around and slowly crept towards the mail box-you know the big blue ones- and crouched down. As the yell got closer I found out it was a kids yell. I looked around the mail box and watched as a small kid with dirty blonde hair and big blue eyes stopped in the middle of the road. He glanced around then looked behind him as a giant robot slowly made its way up the street.

It was at least three stories high, literaly a square, and grey. It had these things in the bottom that it used to walk on, they were like those moving stairs, but for a robot. On top of the thing , was a huge square. It reminded me of a buggie because it was small and kinda shaped one. It's eyes were the "glass windows" and it mouth was were the hood would be.

We were surrounded by apartment complexes, so the robot wouldn't be able to turn around if it spots me and I run under and behind him. I wasn't stupid enough to go and "help" the little boy. I don't know what they do to them because that boy is definitely human, I can tell by the red blood on his shirt and face because the aliens bleed purple blood, but they use the kids to trap us humans because no matter what you always wanna help a little boy.

I watched as the robot scanned the area then turned to the little boy who did look terrified, but didn't do anything.

Come on little boy just run under him he can't turn around cuz' he's too fat. But the boy stayed still. I waited as the robot shuffled forward.

At the beginning of this war the army was the first to go down. I'm guessing that the robots watched us, studied us like we would study them in all of our movies. After the army went, the militia, and then this whole planet was attacked.
The zombies were a real surprise. That's only supposed to happen in the movies, not real life.
The mythical creatures came out like a gay boy came out of the closet. At first everyone panicked, OH NOO monsters really do exist?!?, and some of us packed together to fend off anyone who wasn't human. They were tough sons of bitches. I came across them once, I don't even want to remember what they did when they caught a fae. But other, smarter, humans teamed up with the "monsters" because then they would have super strength on their side in a fight against anything. Others, like me, travel alone, they don't use guns because that's what attracts the stupid invaders, they use bats with spikes at the end of it, or machetes, swords, and whatever else they have in handy, some even use bows. Not the thin wood bows no these have spikes all along the edge and are made out of metal, but people only use those in emergencies. I don't know if we'll ever kill the invaders off or if the human race will end before that, but whatever happens happens, right?

Once the boy was beneath the robot I quickly ran forward and as I passed under the robot I grabbed the kid and kept on running. I heard the robot make a horrible sound but I didn't dare look back, I've seen enough horror movies to know that If I turn around I'll trip and I don't really want that happening since the only reason I came out of my hiding spot was to save this stupid kid who was screaming and thrashing in my arms. I held onto him tighter as I kept running till I turned the corner and made my way back towards Hunters house. And the whole time I ran I started to wonder what has become of my life, and what happened to the robot.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

HEY SO SORRY THIS TOOK FOREVER BUT IM DEDICATING THIS TO austy140 BECAUSE WHEN I SAW THAT COMMENT I FELT TOUCHED SO THIS IS TO YOU!!! I KNOW THIS IS SHORT BUT I HAVE AN ESSAY IN ENGLISH AND HUGE WRITERS BLOCK ALWSO IM TRYING TO WRITE THIS OTHER BOOK THAT I MIGHT ACTUALLY FINISH AND IF YOU'RE STILL READIN THIS THEN I LOVE YOU AND HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

~~stefphanie XD

P.S. I TRIED TO UPLOAD EARLIER BUT IT WOULDN'T WORK!!!

P.P.S. HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR AND VOTING AND COMMENTING IS ACCEPTABLE HERE!! XD