Chapter 4

Julie's P.O.V. (a.k.a. Julian)

I turned around and looked at the way we were coming from. And yes, right there behind Dylan (A.N. it's the Necromancer dude) there was a horde of zombies coming our way. Dylan looked horrified. I turned back around and pulled open the doors to the mall with all the strength I had and ran inside, Dylan following behind me.

We were in Winchesters Mall, the biggest one in Brooklyn. (A.N. It's not I'm just making this up) It's seven stories tall with a movie theater, a giant food court, a pool area indoors, laser tag, rock climbing. Literally anything you want you can find here. I've never personally been here, but I've heard of it.

We ran towards the escalators and started running up them.

"You know I've always wanted to run the down escalators, I just never imagined them to not be working, oh and to be chased by zombies..." Dylan said. This is something that he does when hes afraid. He starts to ramble on about the stupidest things.

"Just shut up and run." I yelled.

Zombies aren't slow and stupid, well not all of them. They're fast, strong, and most of all dangerous.

I ran into a bathroom and when Dylan came in behind me I immediately shut the door, pushing all my weight against it. We could hear the zombies on the other side, and I could feel them on the other side of the door trying to push their way in. I'm strong, yes, but I'm not strong enough to hold back a horde of zombies trying to push down a door.

"Do something!" I yelled at Dylan. I looked back to check up on him but he was on total freak out mode. He was in a crouch position on the ground, his arms around his legs, rocking back and forth, and mumbling something.

"Can't you use your weird powers?" I asked, but he was really freaking out and couldn't hear me.

Since we haven't actually encountered any zombies or anything since everything happened, we haven't really been able to "toughen up" and this was all so new, to the both of us.

I looked around the bathroom, still pushing against the door. There was no way we were gonna be eaten by zombies. I wasn't going to let it happen. I then saw something. The air vent. Even if I can't fit through that, Dylan can, and that's all I want right now, for him to be safe.

"Ok, Dylan, you need to listen to me, ok?" I yelled. "DYLAN!"

He looked up at me, then he slowly stood up.

"Dylan you need to open up the air vent and climb into it then run. Don't look back, I need you to be safe. Now go!" he frowned

"No way, I'm staying with you." Then he closed his eyes, raised his hands, and started chanting. The ground started to shake and in a few seconds the dead started to rise. And I don't mean zombie dead I mean people who've died and are now alive. Zombies were never actually dead, the human population got sick and people started turning into what we like to call zombies. Dylan can't make real zombies, but he can make a whole army of dead people follow his command. The cool thing is that there's only ever one necromancer at a time. Sadly he's never really tried practicing his powers and can't control it correctly or for a long period of time.

I heard yelling and growling coming from the other side of the door. I could also hear hearts stopping, people dying. After ten minutes everything turned silent. I couldn't hear any zombies or anything on the other side of the door. I laughed in relief.

"You did it! Good job Dy-." My words caught in my throat when I turned around and Dylan was lying on the ground, blood pouring out of his mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Super short, I know. Sorry I haven't updated in a loooong while. Idk when the next one will be up. Probs next months, probs next week. Ya never know. Also I know this is short but this will be a short story. Just decided that.

~stefphanie