Chapter 1- Ava Faith

BEEP BEEP BEE-! I slammed my alarm clock,which collapsed on the wooden floor, I reluctantly,slowly opened my eyes and felt the morning rays of the sun hit my face, I let out a grunt as I adjust my eyes to reality.By the time I sat by the side of my bed,I knew it was my first day of middle school,I read the time as 7:45 as my eyes focused on the fallen clock I knocked over, I then placed it back on my side desk.

While walking across the hallway and heading to the bathroom I heard sizzling noises coming from the kitchen as my mum was making her delicious eggs, I rinsed my hands and face, I did my daily routine by brushing my teeth along with having a quick shower. Got myself dried and started getting changed into my school uniform. I never really cared of how I looked, even though I looked like a grumpy piece of shiz, I never really cared of what others thought about me and I never had any bothersome things that actually annoyed me - however, there was one thing that strikes a nerve- and that was my ridiculously long hair.

I've never cut my hair before since I was a baby, and grew it ever since. Some people from my elementary school loved playing with my hair since it was at least 20 inches long. My parents never really wanted my hair to be cut since they thought it was a 'special' thing to have. Anyway, I would always put it in pig tails which then I would put red bow ties on,just for my mum to admire of how 'cute' I look.

Since the girls at middle school might have an obsession of make-up, I had mascara in my desk draw which I took from my mum's room when I was a child. Still can't believe it's still here. I put some on for the sake of it,cause why  not.

After doing some 'finishing touches' on myself, I read the time. 8:20. I had some time to have breakfast and leave for school. I walked down the hallway to see my mother place a plate infront of me, it had eggs with a side of buttery toast. I grabbed a fork from the table and started eating my eggs,trying not to stain my school uniform,"Excited for your first day Ava?"my mother asked,"Yeah I guess." I was still munching on my toast which made my mouth look a bit oily. I was finished with my breakfast and my mum came up to me,with a chuckle, she wiped my buttery mouth with a cloth and gave a smile. I waved goodbye to her and of course, she kissed me on the head and wished me good luck on my first day.

Ugh, mum I'm not 11. I thought to myself, but I appreciated that she still loved me and showed her affection towards me on that day, even though I'm 15. I grabbed my bag and opened the door to reveal the real world and walked out,with a smile on my face.

Hey guys! Sorry if the chapter was too long and slow, I really wanted to show and introduce you to Ava and what personality she has and I really like the idea of 'show, don't tell' so I used that idea into this story. And sorry for the beginning of this story to be too cliche about first day of school and shit. But I hope you look forward for even more of this story!
PS: If you can please give some feedback in the comment section, and tell me if there is anything you want me to improve on and maybe give me some ideas of some names for Ava's best friends,because I can hardly think of one. Have a great day!