01.

June Parrish gripped the bed as she gave out another hard push. Moments later she heard the cries of her baby boy which made her sigh and smile in relief.

Her little bundle of joy was finally on the earth. Even through June was a teen mom she knew she would do just fine because she had a support system by her side.

"He's so beautiful" June said once she was able to hold her baby boy. June's mom sister Frankie took pictures as she watched her niece interact with her grand nephew.

"He looks just like you June" Frankie said and June shook her head.

"No he looks like his dad"

"Speaking of dad where is he June? He should be here June this is his son too" Michael June's father said causing June to sigh.

"Can we please just leave it alone.."

Frankie and Michael went down to the cafeteria leaving June alone with her son. June played with his little hand while she admired him as someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." She called out as she sat him down in his baby crib.

"What's his name?" June jumped when she heard Aaron voice and quickly turned around.

When June got pregnant she didn't tell Aaron because he just had got accepted into the college he's always wanted to go to and she didn't want to mess that up for him.

June knew that it was stupid not to tell Aaron she was pregnant but that's the decision she decided to make.

"Why are you here?"

"Your dad called me. Told me you just had the baby and I'm confused because I didn't even know your were pregnant. So why the Fuck you ain't tell me that?" Aaron asked heated and June just looked down.

"Oh what now you can't talk? June I'm not playing with you." He said stepping closer to her, "that's my baby. I have the right to know regardless of anything were going through."

"I'm sorry Aaron." June cried as he pulled her to him. "I just didn't know what to do." She sobbed on his chest as he held her.

"I love you girl,
Don't you ever forget that."

June knew everything in her life was going to change when her father got a better job offer in Philadelphia, PA she just didn't know if it was going to change for the better or for the worse.

//one year ago\\
| 🎗 June Aaliyah Parrish. 🎗|

chapter one: my life

blowing on the window as I laid my head on it I drew a heart on it. I rolled my eyes at the site unfamiliar buildings, kids playing in the streets and more signs as my dad drove to our new house. I am definitely sick of sitting in this car, I just wanna get to this new house and go to sleep.

"We're here" My mom Janice said sing songy but I kept the same blank expression on my face as my dad Michael parked in front of our new brick house.

Getting out the car I checked my surroundings as I waited for my mom to unlock the door. Looking around our new house in Philly it was a 3 bedroom 3 bath. I choose the room the farthest from my parents and got myself situated.

Names June. June Aaliyah Parrish. I'm your typical girl from Durham, North Carolina. I'm very quiet, and smart although I like to keep to myself and out of drama I'm not the type of girl to let people walk over me.

Being seventeen and not the skinniest I have learned to deal with people's slick comments about my weight but I wouldn't hesitate to put you in check if your too disrespectful.

But just because I act like it doesn't hurt, truth is..

It kills me inside.

I'm fully African American with a chubby stomach, stretch marks on my thighs, dark skin, 38 triple D bra size and thighs for days with a head full of nappy curly Sandy red hair. I know my body's not how it should be especially with people reminding me everyday about it, even my mom but I have tried to lose weight and the urges to eat more just comes back.

I've experienced a lot from being taken advantage of, hearing my parents argue most nights, being bullied, hearing gunshots all night long to losing my best friend.

My Best Friend Jaime Ellis was the real definition of beauty.

She was the girl that everybody wanted, the girl that always got asked out to the school dances by multiple guys, the girl with the care free attitude and bright skin. People always wondered my she was my friend but Jaime didn't care that I was "fat" she always called me her thick madame and tried to make me feel beautiful about my self but every night I still bring the razor up to my wrist. Last summer was the worst year of my life, it was the summer when Jaime committed suicide.

I was devastated, I stopped eating I stopped talking I was really depressed. Jaime was my best friend we had been friends since I was eight years old and we were close like sisters. She didn't leave a note, she didn't even tell anybody what was going on she just hung herself. And with me being the one that found her, her breathless face will always be an image in my head.

Nobody but Jaime understood me, nobody felt the pain I went through inside and out.

You wouldn't understand how I feel everytime I look at myself in the mirror.

You wouldn't understand how many times I wished that my skin wasn't so dark.

How many times I wished my pants buckle didn't break.

How many times I wished I wasn't on the earth. How many times I felt like people lives would be better if I wasn't here.

The times I stopped eating because people stared at me in disgust when I put a piece of food up to my mouth.

Looks I got when I tried out for the girls volleyball team.

The "fat" comments.

The discouraging comments from my own mother.

I needed a change.