06.

|🏀Aaron Lamarr Coly. 🏀|

chapter six: do better

turning off my alarm clock that rung beside my bed I yawned before getting up. I had to take a pee before I started brushing my teeth. I started getting ready for school before I picked up my phone to see my girlfriend sent me a couple texts and was going off on me on twitter.

That's that shit I don't like you got my number so I don't see why you choose to tell the world how you feel when shawty can just text me or hit me up Nah she wanna be on that twitter thuggish shit. She extra as fuck and I hate that.

smoothing out my all black Calvin Klein shirt I put my two gold chains that I got with my first check on before grabbing my hand off the wall bag and making sure I had my keys, wallet and phone in my back pocket before heading out to the room.

"Good morning mama" I said kissing my foster mom on the chick and giving my foster dad some dap. These two people saved my life.

When I was ten and my mom overdose man I thought I was alone. The system split me and my sister Alla. I was in and out of group homes going down the wrong path until Benson and Mrs. Monica took me in.

At first I didn't show them no respect still smoking and drinking doing what I wanted to do until I got my act together.

I didn't want to go to jail and I don't want my sister to be looking down at me and shaking her head. Alla was three years older then me and when I was 15 she died. She was born with HIV my mom gave it to her. Alla death was one of the main reasons of why I straighten up my act. For her.

Yeah I know I'm 18 so I'm out the system but they have agreed to let me stay with them until I finish school and I appreciate that.

"Wassup son you eating breakfast with us today?"

"Yes ma'am" I said sitting down as she sat a plate that contained bacon, eggs, a biscuit, and some grits in front of my me. Usually I would pick something up for McDonald's on the way to get Taylor but not today. Never again.

"So who is that young girl you had over here last night? Your new girlfriend?" Mrs. Monica asked me and I almost choked on my bacon.

"You saw her?"

"Yeah when I came home last night and I went to check on you y'all was cuddled up on the your bed, I thought it was cute so who is she your girlfriend?"

"Nah we partners on a Project. her name June, she cool or whatever but she not my girlfriend Ma. You know I'm still with Taylor."

"And I don't know why you with that tacky girl. This June girl looks like she'll be a better fit for you. You should invite her over here for dinner sometime."

"Okay ma whatever you want." I said shaking my head as I finished eating my food before heading out.

I took out my phone to see Taylor calling me and I sighed before answering the phone.

"What it do though?" I said pulling out the driveway.

"Where are you Aaron? I've been waiting thirty minutes outside for you."

"I'm almost at the school."

"WHAT? how could you forget about me?"

"I didn't. Call that nigga you was cheating on me with."

"You still on that? Baby I thought you wasn't mad at me anymore, you said you were over that."

"When I say that shit? I told you straight last night, we're done Taylor. What you don't get about that. We're done." I said hanging up the phone as my door opened and June sat down in the front seat.