Jayden

As I got ready for school this morning I looked in the mirror finishing my powder. I set down the plump haired brush and just studied my appearance. Something just didn't look right. Then it clicked. I rummaged through my lipsticks and lip glosses and picked out the perfect shade of a subtle but flirty red. Done. My mother walked in as I had put the tube of red back on my desk. She ran her fingers through my buzzed down brown hair.

"You should wear the blonde wig today hun, that one looks the best on you." I smiled at how accepting my mother is of my situation even though my farther isn't that supportive.

I walked over to my closet where there was a shelf that my father had built for me trying to be accepting even though he didn't understand. The shelf was lined with mannequin heads and on each one was a different styled wig. They came in various colors and looks. I looked down the row to see a dirty blonde lightly curled wig that had different shades of light browns and blondes. I wore this one the most. I grabbed the hair and began to walk out of the large closet to my mother when I saw a bright red head band that I could wear with my wig.

Mother smiled at me when I walked out of the closet with the wig in hand and the head band. I gently flung the hair over my face and down onto my shoulders as the wig felt snug on my head. I turned to the mirror on my desk and adjusted the hair to fall delicately around my feminine face and on my shoulders. I put the final piece on and the head band amazingly with the all black outfit I had on with the red heels I wore today.

"Are you driving me today, or am I driving?" I turned and asked my mother and she gaped at me.

"What?" I just said to her.

"You" She paused. "You looks so beautiful today Jayden. How did I get so lucky?" I smiled and said thank you.

She tossed me the keys and told me to take our black Altima and that she would see me after school and that father would be home. I kissed her on the cheek and grabbed my red Jansport back pack and went out the door.

********************************************************************************************************************

Pulling into a parking space at my high school I turned off the stereo that was blaring Mayday Parade this morning. I grabbed my back pack and the keys while getting out of the car. I shut the door behind me pressing the lock button on the remote twice for safety. I had to wait for a bus to pass in front of me before I could head into the school and get out of the parking lot. As the bus passed I noticed a pair of eyes looking at me from one of the windows in the back. I gave a little wave to the person then they disappeared. I chuckled to myself just a bit.

I walked through the school only to meet my friends in the cafeteria at the table we meet at every morning.

"Good morning guys!" I pronounced to the four people at the table.

My best friend, Rewera, sat to the right of me at the circular table, in the seat to the right of her was Emilia. Then to my left was Kaden. Standing behind Emilia was her boyfriend Luka, who I proudly got them together.

"I got you Starbucks." Rewera slid the venti sized green tea Frappuccino over to me.

"You know I love you right?" I smiled at her taking the straw in between my lips as she flicked her hair back with one hand; kind of like how you see super preppy popular girls do in movies but more in a mocking way.

After Luka refused to sit down, like he did every morning, and we all had one of those... interesting.... conversations the bell finally rang. We all hugged each other and went our separate ways. I headed down the hallway to my first period.