Chapter Three

"Yo son get up! Come on kid you gotta get up"

I slowly open my eyes. The bar tender, my dear old friend Phil is standing over me.

"Good your awak Darryl. I'm bout to close up. Your in no state to drive. I called Harvey and he's outside waiting for you."

I get up on the stool and place my hand on my head. I feel the paper. That girl. She gave me her number. I put the note in my pocket, then I put on my jacket and walk out the door to Harvey in his car waiting for me. I climb in.

"Thanks Harvey for driving me home."

"No prob. Make sure your get over here tomorrow morning to get your car so you can go to work."

After 15 minutes we reach my house. I get out my keys and climb out the car. I walk in the door and put my jacket on the couch and walk up the stairs and get ready for bed. I climb in to bed and get some rest.

The next morning- pure agony. My head is throbbing and I'm very dizzy. I manage to take a shower and get dress without any trouble. I grab my coffee and almost out the door until I noticed something missing. My book. I check my jacket, not there. I up stairs to my room and tore up the place searching. Still nothing. After another 15 minutes of searching I give up and leave to make my way to the bar to get my car. The walk was short. I made it there in 20 minutes. I get in my car and drive to the office. Once I parked i rushed into the building, I pass Sophie on my way into my office I wave hello. I run into the room. The empty room, the room where my 8 o'clock client should be in. I sit at my desk.

"Sophie!" I call on my pager.

"Yes sir?" She answers.

"Where is my 8 o'clock?"

"There isn't one, you don't have any appointments today."

"Oh."

I lay back in my chair. A free day. Nothing to celebrate but since I have to time I guess I can go out. I pull out the note. Desiree. So that's her name. I dial the number. She answers on the second ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey."

"Whom may this be?"

" Darryl Walker .We met at the bar."

"Ah, Mr Tipsy."

"Yeah... So um would you like to meet up for lunch?"

"It depends: Will you be sober?" She laughs.

"Of course!"

"Ok 1:00pm, The Red House."

"Great, see you then." I hang up.

I walk out my office. I pass Sophie. "I will see you tomorrow Sophie." I walk out the building and get in my car. Start to head home to get some rest and ready for lunch at 1:00pm