freedom part 1

I was formed in a seemingly infinite nothingness which had abstract shapes patternlessly roaming about. I was made of a few unusually distinctive shapes which collided. The chances of that are extremely slim, and my consciousness appeared out of seemingly nowhere. I existed against all odds.

As the sole "live" being in this void, I was granted some strange powers. Sight was one of them. It felt unnatural to have such a personified vision, let alone to have a face at all. I also could feel physical things happen to me. For example, whenever I chose to stay down, I could sense a firm surface beneath my base. If I don't choose to be on the ground, I could move myself–whether it be forward, sideways, or otherwise–to my will. And, while on the subject, I had will. I had thoughts, feelings, memories, and knowledge. I was the first thing in this world to experience these unexpected, uncontrollable abilities, and I felt overwhelmed at first. Inevitably, I started to accept appreciate them.

I could also emit light. I inherited this seemingly unnecessary superpower from one of the shapes that formed me. Soon I found out I could use this light to move and manipulate some of the shapes that fly by. It didn't feel too exciting, but It kept me busy. I liked it.

One time, I was wondering if there was anything significant to see somewhere in the world. I saw an easily-mounted flying shape float by. With my light, I pulled it towards me and jumped on it. How I knew to do that? I don't quite know. But I did. I also preferred to utilize that than to move around on my own since it felt a lot faster. I brought the platform upwards and lifted myself up to see everything within my field of vision. Nothing except for more weird shapes floating to nowhere. I moved the platform forward to see if there was anything up ahead. Nothing.

While this may seem sad, I actually liked this world of nothingness. There was literally nothing I would have to deal with. I wasn't worried about how long I was here for; time barely existed as far as I was concerned. The only thing wrong with this abstract world is that I am here. But otherwise, no one would have seen or know anything about this perfect world If I never was formed.

I felt important. However, the universe gave me nothing to feel important about. This feeling of existence was great and all, but was it from ignorance of something from some other world? I would never be able to tell, so I decided to not think of that. That was something I could do.