6-The Wo-man Cave.

After my last lesson that day, I made my way to the library where Nito had said we'd meet

After my last lesson that day, I made my way to the library where Nito had said we'd meet. As I approached the room I was joined by unexpected company.

"Trent," I greeted.

"Ancient." he replied pushing open the library door, I resisted the urge to shut it in his face.

"What are you doing here?"

"My job," he replied simply.

"You mean my job?" I retorted rolling my eyes.

"Agree to disagree," he whispered as the old lady in glasses ogled us from her desk and lifted a sharp wrinkled finger to her mouth, signaling us to keep quiet.

"Remind me again, what's the point of having you on this mission?"

"To keep you in check. Do you honestly believe the Agency would let you out into the world without a babysitter?" He asked.

I chuckled dryly. "I can't say I'm surprised the Agency has such little faith in me. Then again they did entrust a sliver of responsibility to you so..."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I've killed more people than you can count," I stated simply. "Now, ask yourself, who's really taking care of who in this situation."

He rolled his eyes so hard they almost got stuck back there. "So you assume just because I'm here with you it means I've never offed someone."

"Have you?"

"Well-"

"That concludes out talk." It was quite obvious he hadn't. "Now you've got to go before my lead gets here."

"You got a lead already?"

"I'm offended you seem so surprised."

"Don't be, it's great work. You need backup?"

"I can handle this on my own. Go home Trent." I said just as Nito appeared on the far corner of the room, hidden well by a large full stack of shelves.

"I'll be at sports practice, no way am I leaving you behind."

"I swear if one more person acts like I'm a human bio-hazard-"

"You are one." Trent called out as he walked out of the library.

As soon as he was gone I turned my focus back to Nito. Not a word was uttered between us as I followed him through the large book cupboards and through a door at the back of the library. I made sure to take note of the turns we made on our way, just in case they were onto me and this was all a trap. We walked down an alley so narrow it felt as though we were in between the school walls, which we most probably were, before coming across a small gate that required a pass.

"Crap, I forgot my gate pass, would you mind?" He asked. I passed him mine, he marvelled at the total access written at the top before swiping it and pushing open the gate then a door.