Chapter 1 ~ The Start

~~~~~~~~JESSIE'S P.O.V.~~~~~~~~
*flips through channels on t.v*
ugh nothing ever good is on!
my dad comes in to join me while I flip through the channels. as I pass the news channel my dad yells at me to turn back so I did as I was told. I wish I hadn't ..
the reporter was screaming ..
the camera man was too ..
then all of a sudden a man ran up to the reporter and bit her ! yes bit her !
me and my dad just sat there in shock
when all of a sudden the man starts walking towards the camera guy who is still holding the camera the man then jumps on the camera guy and starts tearing him to shreds .. I have no idea what's going on .. but I'm scared ..
my dad grabbed his gun and rushed me my mom and my little sister into our basement . my dad was a real freak on food storage so we have tons and tons of food and water that could last about a year or so . we have a generator , radio , sleeping bags even our own toilet down there he was prepared for anything and I'm glad he was .
we turned on the radio we had and were listening for any information to tell us what was going on .
nothing . all we got was a static radio ..
everyone was getting worried my poor little sister had no clue what was going on she just thinks there's a earthquake we don't want to tell her . all we need is her screaming we gotta keep things calm .
well everything was calm until we heard footsteps above the basement .
somebody got inside .
a person ? or one of things
whatever or whoever it was would not leave . my dad told us to hide he was going up to shoot it or her or him I don't really know at this point .
he went up and left us . my mom hugged us close . all we heard was a shot and then a loud thud .
we waited there in silence for about 20 minutes hoping dad was still alive .
all of a sudden we didn't hear anything it was silent . something started dripping on my nose .. something red .. BLOOD ! I yelled my mom an sister ran to the other side of the room it was fresh blood .. it must've leaked through the floorboards .. my sister asked my mother where dad was my mother simply looked into her crystal blue eyes and told her she didn't know . we were all very worried that he didn't make it .
I wiped the blood off my nose and went and joined my sister and mom in the other corner of the room we had his behind some boxes. we heard a loud creak then the basement door opened .. scared half to death we didn't make a sound .