o n e

[ tyler's pov ]

luminous sunlight seeps through to my eyelids, as i try to recall last night's dream.

i tear my curtains open and look outside - seeing the whole world; taking in every little detail.

something inside of me is willing me to go - so i head out.

im not good with directions usually, but i see a forest on the horizon and i walk towards it; ukulele grasped in one hand, notebook in the other.

-

i found a somewhat verticle rock and slowly slumped down; my back pressed against the cold stone and my legs dangling freely infront of me.

i relax my muscles and brush the few crunchy crimson leaves off my ukulele.

~we don't believe what's on tv,

a scatter of leaves. probably a squirrel.

~because it's what we want to see.

the light filters through the tree canopy, creating a spotlight effect almost.

~and what we want, we know we can't believe.

another scuttling nøise.

~we have all learned to kill our dreams.

"hello?"

a deep voice.

the warm breeze prickles past the hairs on my arms.

"don't move!" i shout.

"wh-- is that a threat?"

"yeah." i reply.

"dude, you're singing in a forest at sunrise; what am i supposed to be afraid of?"

where is the lie.

"don't you test me." i reply, a little quieter.

"where are you, exactly?" they ask.

"sat next to the rock"

"can i see you?"

"uh, fine," i sigh, "just don't get disappointed when you do."

crunch. tall. black

skinny jeans. fluffy blue

hair. muscular, yet still

thin. and don't even get

me started on his eyes.

"so, uhm," he reached up and rubbed the back of his neck, "would you care to point out what i'm meant to be disappointed about?"

i was speechless. i didn't know what to say; so i just sat in silence.

"that's what i thought - name's josh by the way." he spoke.

josh; a common name - yet his looks were definitely not a common sight.

"t-tyler" i held my hand out and, firmly; he shook it.

he reminded me of my father in the way he took my hand; gently and reassuringly.

only; my father is a rather confident man - and josh appeared to lacking in confidence.

"mind if i sit with you?" he licked his lower lip.

tyler - snap out of it.

"not at all" i replied, voice cracking.

josh stretched his arms and yawned, whilst i failed drastically at attempting to avoid making it obvious i was staring at his v-line, which peeked through from under his kitten shirt.