16

"Oh wow. You didn't have to cook for me." Jessica's eyes beamed when she saw the dinner table which was set beautifully with plenty of candles.

"Of course I had to." He came up behind her close enough for her to feel but not close enough to actually touch her.

"What did you make?"

"Ratatouille."

"Wow..." Jessica turned around noticing how close he was. She leaned in close, looking deeply into his eyes, and finally let her lips touch his in a passionate kiss. "Thank you, Danny." She whispered after she pulled back.

"You're very welcome Miss Lange."

"Is there anything left to help with?"

"No. Just sit down and let me serve you." Danny gentlemanly pulled a chair back for her and kissed her cheek after she sat down. With that he vanished behind the kitchen door just come out a couple of seconds later with two plates full of delicious looking food. He also poured them both a glass of red wine. They enjoyed their meal while talking about work and then ended up talking about Danny's daughter Stella.

"Has to be hard to be separated from her for so long."

"I talk to her basically every day... But yeah... It still is hard."

"Well I just know it's hard for me to be away from my children and they're adults." Jessica smiles.

"There is just no other way to handle it. She's a big girl and I can't drag her around with me anymore. She wouldn't want it either. But the whole thing with her mother... yeah I don't wanna talk about that."

"I'm sorry Danny."

"Oh no! Don't be. We're fine... I just talked to her a couple hours ago actually."

"How is she?"

"She's perfectly fine and you won't believe how excited she is about you." Danny laughed, remembering his daughter's excitement. His laughter immediately stopped when he saw Jessica's face drop. "Oh no no no. I didn't tell her about us."

"Oh thank god." Jessica sighed.

"No I meant she's super excited about me working with you. She's a big fan."

"I'm sorry I didn't want to react like that it's just-"

"Jess I know. Don't be sorry. We're just getting started." Danny took Jessica's hand into his, stroking her knuckles with his thumb.

"So what do you think we are starting here?"

"I don't know yet."

"Okay..." Jessica lowered her head, watching his hand caressing hers.

"But I'm sure we're gonna find out. I mean if you want this, Jessica." He took her chin between his fingers.

Jessica answered with a slight nod and then leaned forward to give Danny a soft kiss.

-----------------------------------------------

After dinner they both took their glasses of wine with them to the living area to sit down on the couch. Jessica had noticed before how beautiful everything was decorated in Danny's home. She watched him while he lit candles in front of them and then turned off the lights. Jazz music was playing quietly in the background. All in all it was the perfect setting for a romantic date. Danny soon joined Jessica on the couch. And after a second of hesitation he raised his arms to allow Jessica to snuggle up to him; which she did. They just sat there in silence, enjoining the music, for a couple of minutes. Jessica began to run her fingertips in slow circles over his chest while Danny held her close.