Part 2

"Duets," he said too dramatically and slowly walked closer to the students, "What do we know about them?"

"When two people sing together," Mercedes's voice was pretty bored.

"Yes. But they sing a song that they both like. Song, that suits both of them. It's like dancing. One feels other," The main dancer of the glee club, Mike, started to like this conversation. "If you don't work together and don't respect each other, you get a bad dancing. Same with the duets," all waited patiently for teacher's summary. There is one, they knew that, "So. New assignment for this week is to choose a partner and sing a duet.

Everyone looked at their potential partner and smiled. Kurt and Blaine, couple of the year. Santana and Britt, of course. Two Asians always stick together. Quinn holds Finn's hand, with no need to discuss the assignment.

"But not just any song," he added, attracting their attention again, "The lyrics must describe both of the partners. You have to find something... in common and sing about it. Not necessarily to each other. Point is to sing together"

Yes, Will loved those exotic assignments, which will help kids to work as a team. They didn't mind. Idea with duets is so much better than fixing Metallica's worst songs.

Rachel turned around, hoping to get Finn as partner. But there was no chance from the beginning and she knew that.

"Sorry. I'll sing with Quinn," he said quietly, noticing Rachel's sad look. She gently nodded and decided to look for another option. Doesn't matter who anymore.

Who is left?

That's the problem. No one left. Puck somehow managed to get in jail and who knows when he'll join the glee club again. And glee needs him, cause now it's odd number of members. Hell, even Mercedes went to sing with Artie. She could sing with anyone, just not with Berry. Well, fair enough. They are the most powerful singers here. God forbid them sing together! Some stupid reason to fight will come on their way and Will's idea is going down again.

Well, that's it. Even destiny is telling Rachel to sing by herself.

"Mr. Schue," she happily jumped up of her seat, distracting him from the lyrics. He raised his eyes, "Can I sing on my own? I know assignment is to sing a duet, but I can play two different people. You know, like Kurt did last time."

"No, Rachel. You need a partner, " he sighed and went back to studying songs.

"But Pack is gone. And we are in odd number. One way or another, I'll have to sing alone."

This is something Schuester totally forgot about. As he lifted his head and looked over at the glee members, he realized that everyone were split into pairs, except Rachel Berry. But he isn't going to make an exception for her. Enough of breaking rules. She is the member of glee club as well. So, that means Rachel will sing a damn duet.

Will tried not to make eye contact with her, because he's already regretting his decision. Oh God, he really is.

"I'll be your partner then," he pursed his lips, feeling her eyes on him. He knew exactly what she was thinking. And so did she. They remembered week of ballads, two years ago, when they sang "Endless love". He closed his eyes, just for a second, and one stupid movie have just flown through his thoughts. A tie with gold stars, that she gave him. God, why he kept it? Will doesn't remember throwing gift away. He remembered Terry. Rachel, cleaning his house. Singing "Don't stand so close to me" and "Young girl". And all those crying when the nightmare ended.

They looked at each other, remembering it all. There's a little guilt on her face. Maybe. Will doesn't sure, but soon as bell rang, Rachel forced a little, weak smile. Really? After all, he will sing with her again? Am I crazy? I know what happened last time. But he won't let her sing by herself. Not a chance. Whatever he choose now, it's wrong decision. Bad decision. Whatever.