Ch. 1 I Like To Dance

The young girl standing impatiently in front of her friend’s apartment was in L.A, for a week, doing photo shoots for the company she worked for. Her dear friend Chord, who still wasn’t answering his door, had offered to let her spend the week with him. The short girl groaned in frustration he said he’d be home all day. Giving one last try, tried of actually knocking she kicked the door; but, still nothing.

She would have called him and asked where he was but her phone had died on the plane ride. Looking for him was impossible and finding something else to do would just get her lost. This was her first time in Los Angeles and it was a miracle she had made it. A thought crossed her mind for the first time-she was here wasn’t she?  This was the apartment of her long time friend, right… Shit, she didn’t know for sure.

Pacing for a minute, she wondered what she should do. She reassured herself that this had to be it; she wasn’t that blonde she told herself. Sitting down next to the door, she leaned against the wall resting with her bags on each side of her. It wasn’t long, though, before resting faded into sleeping. A sharp pain in her rips caused her to gasp and her eyes to shoot open scanning the area to find the cause of the sudden pain. Chord, he had kicked her!

“What the hell was that for,” she asked shocked, staring wide-eyed at her grinning friend.

“You’re sleeping outside my apartment like some stalker,” Chord explained with a laugh.

“Well if you were here earlier like you said you would be, I’d be sleeping in the guest bedroom,” she pointed out with a short sarcastic smile of her own.

“Sorry about that,” he apologized, scratching the back of his head nervously.

She shrugged it off, it wasn’t a big deal at least he was here now. Unlocking the door, he kicked it open and picked up some of her bags carrying them inside; she followed behind shutting the door once she was inside.

“Welcome to your new temporary home, Zella,” Chord smiled wide holding out his arms and doing a little twirl.

She laughed it would be a nice temporary home. The furniture was spread out, leaving nice open spaces. It looked very sleek with a modern twist, with glass tabletops, and black and white furniture. It was a lot nicer then the hotels she normally stayed in. Chord showed her to the guest room where she dropped her bags to the floor by the door before jumping onto the blush red comforter that covered an incredibly soft queen sized bed. The whole room was done in red and white.

She could get used to this she thought, bouncing on the bed. Laughing she flicked on the radio by the bed standing up and dancing around the room to the random song that was playing. She encouraged her friend to join her and Chord never being one to rain on anyone’s parade happily joined. The two danced and laughed singing to the songs that came on until it felt like they had been on their feet for hours. Falling back onto the bed the two stared up at the ceiling, slightly out of breath.

“So, what now,” Zella asked, once her heartbeat had slowed to a reasonable pace.

“I thought you were planning on sleeping,” Chord chuckled in a teasing tone.

“I’m wide awake now! I want to do something fun,” she replied, excited a broad smile gracing her pale face, revealing perfect white teeth.

“Well,” Chord contemplated.

He thought about all the things they could do at the apartment, then around the city. He settled on doing something outside the apartment knowing that his dear friend would be looking forward to seeing what L.A. had to offer. He remembered his brother talking about going to a club later.