Breakfast in Bed

Nic's POV

I woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs coming from downstairs. I smiled as I saw that my mate was still snuggled up in my arms. Slowly, I removed my arms from around her and quietly got off the bed. After throwing some sweatpants on, I made my way downstairs to find my beta, Luke, preparing breakfast.

"Morning Nic" he greeted me as I sat on the Island stool while grabbing for a piece of bacon.

"Morning Luke" I replied.

"Someone seems to be in a good mood today. I assume it has to do with finding your mate,eh?" he wiggles his eyebrows suggestively.

I roll eyes, "No none of that happened. I am in a good mood because I finally found my mate, but I also feel guilty for all the things the guards did to her. Although I am aggravated that someone touched my mate, I am happy that I have respectable wolves in my pack that had the decency to dress her in something. I just.... I don't know if she will accept me as her mate." I admit shamefully.

"Hey man, didn't you say she's a rogue? In my opinion any rogue would be happy to find out that their mate is an alpha. Don't you think?" he had a point.

"No I don't think so Luke. Do you?" I turn to see where the voice is coming from only to see my mate standing at the door in the pink tank top and shorts that I dressed her in last night. Her hair was let down in its natural waves and she looked absolutely stunning as she glared at me and Luke. I couldn't help but feel like I have seen her and met her before. It's probably just the bond.

I looked at Luke only to see that he was sporting a shocked face at my mate. "Do you guys know each other?" I ask, wondering how she knew Luke's name.

Luke's mouth kept opening and closing like a fish trying to breath when my mate answered me. "No, we just met two days ago, but we got very close that night, didn't we Lukey?" I raised my eyebrows at the nickname and looked at Luke who was standing as still as a statue.

"Shit shit shit. I can't believe your my alpha's mate. Oh god." finally snapping out of his trance, Luke starts freaking out. "Look Nic, don't be mad because there was no way for us to have known that you were her mate. Maybe it was the moon's way of bringing her to you, you know."

I narrowed my eyes and looked between him and my mate. There was only one reason for Luke to panic ever since my he say my mate. As realization set in, fury blinded me and next thing I know, I was holding Luke up against the wall. "Don't tell me that you slept with my mate!" I seethed at him.Even if he wanted to answer he wouldn't have been able to since I was holding him up by his neck.

"We didn't sleep together, but now I kind of wish we did. I just didn't have the heart in then to let it happen. But if you would like to know, I could tell you what happened between us in detail" I turn around to find my mate with a devious smirk on her face, telling me that something did happen between them. I calmed down a little bit since they didn't sleep together, but that wasn't enough.

I glared at Luke, "Stay away from my mate. If I find out that anything happened between you guys after today you are dead. Understand?" He quickly nods his head. I let him go and turn around only to find that my mate was trying to keep herself from laughing. This was enough to set me off again. " Do you think this is funny?" I roared.

She narrows her eyes at me, "Don't you dare think that just because you are my mate you have the right to judge me! Not when you don't even remember me!" I watched with wide eyes as hers teared up. She shook her head, wiping her tears away, "No. I won't cry over someone who doesn't even know me. Tell me Nic, do you know how it feels to watch your own Alpha die in front of your own eyes? To see your parents get kicked out of the pack and become rogues? To watch your own family get killed while they tried to protect you? To feel guilty everyday of your life, knowing that your family would still be alive if they didn't fight to protect you?" She screams at me, falling to her knees at the memories of her parents. Then it clicks, it all makes sense now.