I Love You

I woke up to murmering in the dark

    I woke up to murmering in the dark. I recognized one of the voices as Asher. Then another voice spoke. "I liked that story. Can you tell me another one?"

    "Fine. But only one more. Jackson likes his sleep." 'Who's Jackson?' I thought. I peeked over the edge of my bunk. Asher was still sitting in a corner. A boy beside him. "One time, when I was sane--"

    "You always start like that. it's like... I don't know, wrong. Sanity itself is just... Weird. Anyway, do go on." I couldn't help but smile. 

    "Anyway... I used to know this girl. I didn't know her exactly,  it I felt like I knew her. I would see her in dreams. She would tell me things like everything would--" 

    "What was her name?" Asher looked at the boy with just this pure look of annoyance.

    Suddenly, my arm slipped over the edge of the bed and clanged against something sharp. The metal bed post. More like razor. 

    I shook out my hand, the pain blinding me for a second. When things came back into focus, Asher was looking at me. His eyes had gone from emerald green to dull gray.

    I looked at the boy and both of them paled. "You can see him?" Asher asked.

    I nodded. The boy looked down at my hand as I felt something warm and liquid.

    'Oh now you've done it. Why couldn't you have just stayed asleep?' 'I was trying, bbuti had to look! You know I can't resist when people or things pique my curiosity!'

    The floor beneath my dangling hand turned red aasmy blood poured into it.

                              FLASHBACK

' "Daddy! Make it stop! I'm drowning in it!" 

"Relax, Marann. It's just a little cut. Nothing serious." He took my hand and put a bandaid on the growing droplet and kissed it. "All better."                                                            '

                         END FLASHBACK

    I couldn't do it. I closed my eyes for a few seconds before uncovering a piece of tape on Emily's foot and taking out s bandaid. Putting the piece of latex on and kissing it. 'All better.' I thought

    Asher gave me a weird look. The boy smiled before turning to him. "She's cute, Ash. How did you end up with her?"

    Asher silence him with a look. "I think it's time we got some sleep." He said as he climbed into bed. The boy disappeared and I rolled over to look at the ceiling.

    I ssitdd until I was sure Asher was asleep then climbed down to the floor. I studied his sleeping figure. He was definitely not insane by my standards. But then what did I know? I'm just as insane as he is. I stroked his hair and kissed nose. "I love you, Asher." My voice came out hource from lack of use, but it still worked. I tucked Emily into the crook of his arm and he smiled o his sleep.

Sorry it's so short I have to go!! Thank you ask so very much!!