Chapter two (Abigail)

Abigail Bellator Sky-

“Mum!” i shouted from my room, hoping she can hear me. After a long minute, i groaned and got up from my bed. Stomping to the bathroom and washing up, it was thirty minutes past six in the morning and i was getting ready for a long day at school. I took a quick shower and got dress in thirty minutes; giving me an hour before my mother drives me to school.

I quickly walked into my room holding my towel; attempting to dry my dripping hair. I stared at the mirror, taking in my reflection. I looked horrible, medium length brown hair with a slight auburn streaks which i was born with, ordinary green eyes with a tint of grey and a petite body figure. I have scars on my legs which i got when i fell off my bike when i was younger, pimples on my face and arms, sock tan and baggy pajamas.

My appearance was the reason why i do not have a boyfriend, not that it matters much but it hurts slightly, knowing everywhere i go, i get judged by what i wear and how i look.

“MUM!” i tried against, finally a muffled voice replied

“honey, do you enjoy waking people up in the morning?” he voice cracked and her eyes was squinting, adjusting to the bright light. It was summer, the sunlight was shinning through the window which i purposely opened, hoping for clean air. 

“not really, but you wake up late” i mumbled, walking down stairs to the kitchen. While 

my mother gets ready, i pack my lunch and make myself breakfast. Which should be quick as i decided to go for cereal today. After packing everything, and finished eating my breakfast while watching television, i headed up stairs to get change in my school uniform. Plain, old, navy school uniform.

“Honey! hurry up, you’re going to be late, FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL TOO! YOURE IN SENIOR NOW!” my mother shouted from her room. Easy for her to say, all she had to do with wash up and get dressed. 

The ride to school was quiet, i was using earphones, leaving the music up high. The traffic was slow but i didn’t care; more time to myself before i headed to school. First day of senior. I’ve just recently turned 17 on the holiday and i’ve came to realised how boring and dull my life has been. My life was a cycle; going to school, going home, sleep and restart. It has been like this for 17 years and counting, there was nothing to look forward to but neither was there anything for me to worry about. I was invisible in school, keeping my head low and out of the way.

Graduation is on in term 3. 3 terms to go. 3/4 year to go. Term 1, Term 2, Term 3. 9 Months till i leave this hell hole. 

I sighed and closed my eyes.

****

“bye mum,” i waved to my mum “pick up normal time”

“Okay honey,” she waved back “have a great day! love you, bye”

and she drove off. Leaving me by myself, isolated, alone in a place where i don’t belong.

A sudden pair of arm wrapped themselves around my neck, literally choking me.

“can’t ... bre-eathe” i managed to let out

“Abigail! i missed you eeeeeeek” my best friend squealed

“i missed you too, Scarlet,” i hugged her back “and jees, you sure have gotten stronger over the 6 week holidays”

She grinned brightly “i had an.. unusual.. and well.. mythical holiday..” she looked at me

I nodded and linked my arms with her “we can talk about it later” and i dragged her off to our locker.

She has always been to imaginative.