Picnic Plans

Niall's Point Of View

It's been a long time since we all went out together and had some fun. the last time we went somewhere together was about a month ago and that was Harry's party. So we've been making plans for going somewhere together but each time someone was busy and especially Mel made every excuse she can to avoid going out with us.

 My main reason behind this going-out-together thing was to get Mel to breath some fresh air. She has been behaving so awkward since that day and she barely even had some time with us.

I guess I was the only one to notice that. Maybe because I was her best friend or maybe because I was madly in love with her and noticed every single thing about her.

After a long time we decided to hang out somewhere like go on a picnic in a park or something like that. It was me, Louis, Jessy and Harry. Mel didn't know about this. I was going to tell her and make sure she don't refuse to come with us.

Friday

" Have you told her about the picnic?" Louis asked me.

"No, I haven't told her yet but I'm going to tell her now." I told him.

"Make sure she don't refuse to go out with us." Louis said making a serious face. " She always refuses."

" I know and I'll make sure that she don't refuse us this time." I said.

"Oh look, there she is." Louis said while pointing towards Mel who was standing near her locker.

"I'll just go and tell her about the picnic." I said.

"Okay, I'll see you later then." Louis said with a mischievous smile.

"Shut up okay? I know what that smile means." I laughed.

"Okay sorry." He said. " Not sorry." He laughed and then I walked towards Mel who was standing by her locker.

"Hey Mel." I said.

" Hi." She said without even looking at me. She was reading some strange book.

" Mel, I need to talk to you can I have your attention please?" I asked getting restless.

" You always have my attention Niall." She said and finally looked at me with a smile.

My heart started to race faster than ever. I felt like she can hear my heart beat. I almost forgot what I was about to say.

" What is it Niall? " She asked.

" We are going on a picnic this Sunday-"

" Sorry Niall I can't come. " She cut me in the middle of my sentence.

" But Mel we've been trying to hang out somewhere together. Why are you not coming? " I asked with a sad face.

" Niall... I just don't feel like going somewhere." She said.

" Why Mel? What's the reason?" I asked her.

" I... Just don't know." She said.

" You can come with us maybe you will feel better." I said convincingly.

"Please don't force me Niall." Her face expression was serious than ever.

"Hey what's up guys?" Harry interrupted.

"Hey Harry." I said.

" Hi." Mel said with a smile. Was she faking that smile or was it real?

" So you are coming with us this Sunday. Right?" Harry asked Mel.

" No actually-"

" Of course I will." She cut me in the middle of my sentence. 

I was shocked at what she just said. Did I hear something wrong? Do I have a hearing problem? I stared at her open-mouthed.

" That's great." Harry said with a smile.

I was lost for words and I didn't know what to say.

"Do you know where are we going?" Harry asked excitedly.

"Where?" She asked.

" The same park were I took you that night for star gazing." Harry said.

" Wow!! That's amazing!" Mel said excitedly. I can see the excitement was real.

"Okay then see you later." Harry said and left.

" WHAT DA HELL WAS DAT? " I asked when I recovered from my shock.

"Well that was nothing. I'm coming with you guys." She said casually.

" But you just said that you don't want to come." I was perplexed.

" You didn't tell me that Harry was also coming." She huffed.

"What it has to do with Harry?" I asked.

" Uh... Nothing." She said breaking the eye contact nervously.

" Melissa! What has happened to you? I have noticed you have been behaving strangely for the past few weeks. You always give an excuse for not going out with us. You barely talk or spend some time with us. You  just said that you don't want  to come with us but suddenly changed your decision when Harry asked you to come with us." I said finally letting out everything that has been going up in my head for the past few weeks.

" Niall." She said in a low voice. She looked like she was about to cry.

" I'm sorry. Please. I was just mad at you. I'm sorry for being so rude to you." I said as soon as I realized that I got a bit rude.

" It's okay. I can understand what you are feeling about me now. I know I have been behaving strangely." She said and looked.

"Tell me." I said firmly lifting her chin up so she can see me in the eyeball.

" I... I just don't know. I'll tell you when it is the right time." She said and looked away.

" Okay." I finally said after thinking. Maybe I should give her some time. She's going to tell me everything anyways.

" You're coming to the picnic? " I asked trying to change the topic.

"Yes." She said with a smile.

" Don't chicken out this time." I said with a giggle.

"I won't. I promise." She said and laughed.