Cassandra (to be revised eventually)

(to be revised eventually)

______ 

Someone behind them was clapping.  Turning around, they saw Tuatha, the current wielder of the eclipse, the only legendary sword not lost.  He currently held the position of Luck Weaver, and as a result, he had all the power that went with it.  A tall imposing man, he had an impressive stature and build, the result of years of training.  Though with a lot of friends, his personality of ambition that radiated off of him caused some darker rumors to form.

Before Tuatha became a luck weaver, he had a brown aura.  If he weren’t so lucky as to be born in the academy, he would have immediately been hunted down and probably killed.  No one liked necromancers.  Still, at the academy, he was threatened even though the ancient laws forbid killing on the sacred middle ground between Avalon and Earth.

Growing up, he became a bully, naturally attracting others until he had support despite being a necromancer.  Then, he trained harder than anyone else at swordsmanship.  He knew prejudiced people would always look down on him.  He never stopped training until he could beat anyone in a fight, including his instructor.

Becoming the luck weaver for seven years changed him though.  He became all too used to power and respect.  As Luck Weaver, his aura was black, which helped his necromancy skills considerably.  Instead of gathering bad luck to cast his spells, his aura worked fine.

**************

The stunned trio snapped back to reality when they heard another rustle.  The girl stepped behind Alex while Jay picked up a branch and drew up level to Alex.  Alex shifted into a defensive stance, while the girl burst into flames.

Feeling an unknown urge, Cassandra shot a fireball at Alex.  Time seemed to slow down as the bolt of flame hurled toward Alex.

Alex, instead of afraid, put his sword in front of the fireball.  He wasn't even mad, he felt the same urge.

It worked surprisingly well.  The orange flames lapped up the blade and instead of going out, blazed stronger.  Suddenly the white etchings on the blade flashed, lighting up the dusky sky for miles.  The forest around them suddenly became alive with shadows and noises. It was a creepy sight and the harsh lighting made the trees look eerie.  The sudden light blinded them for an instant, and when they got their sight back, they saw the flames on Solstice had turned white.  Staring in amazement, Alex sheathed the sword, and took it out again.  The flames went out when he sheathed it, but when he drew it back out, the flames burst out again.

"So, um thanks for helping me," the girl muttered after an awkward moment of silence.

"What's your name?" Alex asked.

"My name is Cassandra."

"How do you have control over fire?  I thought only male mages could control fire."

"I'm an anomaly, though I'm able to control every element, a paradox,” Cassandra replied embarrassed.

"Can you show us?" Jay and Alex simultaneously asked.

In response, Cassandra lifted a small pebble off of the ground.  It went into her cupped hands.  Next, she drew water from the surrounding air, making the atmosphere uncomfortably dry.  The water stuck to itself, being adhesive, making weirdly shaped roughly sphere-like objects.  The water was perfectly clear, pure water.

At first, Jay and Alex were disappointed because she only lifted a pebble.  Then they became amazed as she drew completely clear water from the mud at their feet.  There was no mud, or bacteria, though they had no way of knowing, in the water.

Next, Cassandra created a miniature whirlwind using the water.  Going viciously fast, the water quickly tore through the rock, reducing in into mud.  Next, she let go of it, but instead of falling, it stayed where it was, pushed up by the air beneath it.  Shaping it with currents of air, Cassandra herself rose a bit off the ground.  Jay and Alex stared in amazement as the mud became molded into a snake shape.  The eyes appeared closed.

Jay reflected on his earlier feeling of disappointment.  It was now completely reversed.  Cassandra's powers were eerily powerful.  Only the strongest air mages could levitate, and drawing pure water from the ground and the atmosphere was reserved for priests of water.  Cassandra was strong, not to mention her fire abilities she showed in the battle.  Jay was looking forward as to how Cassandra would demonstrate her fire.

Cassandra brought the snake close with air currents then closed her eyes.  She drew a deep breath, and exhaled fire.  The gentle white flame that came out quickly dried the snake's figure.  She opened her eyes as Jay and Alex applauded, but she held up her hand to stop them.  The show wasn't over yet.  The snake's eyes snapped open, gazing at the world with its bright orange eyes. 

Alex jumped back and drew his sword, which immediately burst into flames.  Jay, on the other hand, looked for the snake's aura.  He was curious, and saw none.  He realized what that meant. "The snakes isn't alive," he thought.  Remembering the power he felt during the battle, he tried to change the snake's aura.  One flared up into existence.

The girl, being a mage, saw the aura flare up.  She stepped away from Jay and jumped into the air, staying up there.

"What are you?" she asked.

"I am the same as you, a parody.  I have a question.  I noticed that you didn't do too much for earth.  Why?" Jay replied.

"I'm strongest with fire which is why I used it in the fight.  I'm okay with air and water, but I fail at controlling earth.  I can only lift the smallest pebbles."

"So you're like the elementalist, but reversed!" Alex exclaimed.

"Let's meet him.  He can teach us about ourselves, especially you, Cassandra,” Jay replied.

"Okay.  Anyway, are you a warlock?" she asked Alex hesitantly.

"Kind of.  Instead of using bad aura, I can use good aura for my powers.  I guess I'm also a paradox, and so is Jay.  In fact, we're all paradoxes.  Imagine the chances of us three meeting.  It's pretty slim isn't it?"

"So are we going to start going?  I'm pretty sure the elementalist lives in the Mountain ranges helping rebels up north.  It's not that far from here, but I'm dying to meet him."

"Sure," Cassandra and Alex said simultaneously.

___________

I kind of accidentally deleted this chapter so I lost a lot of views D: