chapter 2

Josh stared at the hooded figure with wide, frightened eyes. He thought that this was all one big joke, a prank, played on him by some rotten kids. But no, it was something much more than that. Way worse than that. He still hoped that this was just a very elaborate joke, but he knew better. Deep down inside him, he knew better.

Why couldn't he just let this go? Why couldn't he just ignore it completely? Why did he choose to ignore his better judgment instead? God, seriously, why? Why did he have to be so naïve and stupid? Now, here he stood, in the middle of a dark road, with a smoking flare in his hand, and some strange figure stood in front of him. He knows very well that it's very likely that he's going to get murdered by said figure soon enough.

Josh swallowed hard, trembling slightly. "W-who a-are you?" he managed to let out in a stutter. "I'm Tyler Joseph; code name, Blurryface," the hooded figure spoke. "I see that you've received my message." Josh's eyes grew wider, clenching his fist. "T-That was you?"

"Yes. And now that you've called for me, and know who I am, you've already begun your initiation in the game," Tyler, or so he called himself, said. Josh shook his head and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, fear and anxiety still rushing through his veins. "I don't understand. What are you talking about? What's going on?"

Tyler lifted his hand in a 'stop' motion, and shook his head. "I can't explain everything in detail right now. All you need to know for now is that you've begun playing the game, and just so you know, there's no escape from this. Once you've called for your messenger and partner, you're stuck playing until you've finished the game. There's no way out, so don't try finding an exit."

Josh stared at him with wide eyes. This was to surreal to be believable. This seemed like a game of Saw. The thought was enough to horrify him. "What is this? What kind of game is this?"

"You'll find out tomorrow in the morning. I'll come to you tomorrow with further instructions and explanations." With that, Tyler turned around and began walking away. Josh only continued staring with a shocked expression plastered upon his face. What the hell was going on? What the hell did he just get himself into?