Baby Shopping!

Chapter Fourteen... Baby Shopping!

Week fifteen.

I had finally stopped having around-the-clock morning sickness, but it wasn't totally gone. At least it now lived up to its name and was actually morning sickness.

Today Noah didn't work, so we were spending the entire day baby shopping. I'd been waiting to get a massive kick-start on buying things for our little bundle of joy, and even though I still had twenty-five weeks left until my baby came into the world, we were becoming first time parents, and that meant that we didn't have anything. Except of course the two teddy bears that were in the bedroom that would be the baby's room that Alecia and Addy bought for us, hinting that they wanted a niece or a nephew.

Alecia and Addy, once extremely close best friends, now barely spoke to each other. Alecia had come over for a visit this morning, before school, and informed Noah and I that Addy had began hanging around with the worst crowd possible at school. As if her behaviour wasn't troublesome enough!

"What do you think your mom's gonna say when you tell her about Addy's latest change?" Noah asked as we drove in the car towards the mall.

"I don't think I'm going to tell her," I said sadly. "I don't think I can. She's just about ripping her hair out in stress and worry over Addison. I love my little sister, but she's breaking my family apart, just through her actions."

"What does that mean?" Noah frowned.

"Mom's been spending almost every day at the hospital, even when she's not working," I sighed. "Dad hasn't seen her in almost a week. Mom just... she doesn't want to deal with Addy. She doesn't know how to."

"I hope that our boy isn't like that," Noah stated.

"Boy?" I frowned. "The doctor doesn't even know what the baby is yet. I'm pretty sure you don't, either," I chuckled.

"It's a guess," he laughed.

"You just want a boy..." I said slyly with a small chuckle. "I think it's what every man wants. A son to follow in his footsteps."

"It's not like every woman doesn't want a daughter to look like them, dress like them and go shopping and cook with them!" Noah snorted.

"Of course we do," I grinned.

"We could always be like your mom," Noah chuckled. "I don't know how you grew up with five sisters, Bec. I have one and she was annoying enough!"

"Leesh is like my sister too, Noah," I rolled my eyes. "And actually, growing up with five sisters and two brothers wasn't so bad. I mean, sometimes it seemed crowded, and occasionally I did need my own space when I felt like I could never get it, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. And if we happen to have eight kids, I'd be okay with that."

"You would?" he questioned.

"Yes," I beamed.

"You know what? I would too. I can't wait to have our eight kids and know that we both have to work to give the kids everything."

I couldn't help but burst into laughter.

"What's so funny?" Noah asked, laughing too.

"I love you so much, Noah," I grinned. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"I know," he smiled.