Chapter Fifteen

Venessa's POV

When the water hits my feet a wave of emotions comes over me. There is no going back now

Water starts to fill up the whole room so I quickly close the door when the water is only up to just below my hips. I have to use my powers to keep the water away while I closed the door.

So I already had Dylan thinking he was in a dream.

But that was only the start. I feel my feet start to change into my tail as I slowly sink into the water. I flick my tail out of the water to show it off to Dylan.

When my head emerges from the water I see Dylan staring at me with disbelief not saying anything.

"D-Dylan?" I ask scared to hear what he will say.

"Venessa?" He asks slowly. "Is that you?"

I shake my head yes as he slowly walks over towards with his eyes wider then ever. He holds out his hand and I grab it tugging and have him sit next to me.

"Please say something." I ask looking into his eyes pleading for some sort of reaction.

"I mean... What am I supposed to say? What am I supposed too say to this?" He asks sounding almost frustrated.

"God, this is what I was worried about. I'm sorry for telling you Dylan. How can I be so fucking dumb? What did I think you would say?" I feel tears come down my face again.

"Wait Nessa!" He calls after me as I re-open the door that lead out to the ocean. "Thats not what I meant! Please!"

The room fills up with water but I'm already out of that room.

I know that Dylan is right behind me trying to keep up with me. I guess he was a better swimmer then I thought because I felt him tug on my arm.

I turn around with my eyes filled with a mixture of anger and hurt. I stare at him for a while before he grabs my hand and starts to swim up pulling me along.

"What do you want Dylan?" I ask when we reach the surface.

"I'm sorry I just didn't know how to respond.." He says with a pleading voice.

"Yeah I know. A tail is kind of a deal breaker." I say with anger building up inside me once again.

"No it's just-"

He tries to talk before I cut him off, "It's just nothing Dylan. You know if you hadn't been so fucking nosey then we would have this issue! Your life wouldn't always be in danger, because now it is. I'm dangerous, if I make one wrong move I become a science experiment! And anyone I love could become one as well."

"I'm sorry for being nosey, but you can't blame me! You were acting very strange... but it all makes sense now. Well most of it. And now that I know your secret, I can help you figure out all the shit that is going on in your life." I can tell he is getting tired from swimming in one place for so long but I'm going to see how long he can go.

"God you don't understand!" I yell, "My life will never be fixed! My issues will never be fixed because they can't! Do you know how depressing it to never being able to go to a pool party? To never be able to drink water without a straw? To constantly make sure water isn't about to touch you? Do you know how awful it is?"

He stays quiet.

"No you don't. Thats because no one does. Sure I can do all sorts of cool stuff like this," I say while demonstrating my ability to move water with my mind, "but it doesn't make up for all the trouble this 'power' has caused me."

"Do you know that most people would kill to be like you?" he asks trying to make me feel better. "Yes, it sounds like it would suck to never go to a pool party or whatever but while everyone if off at a pool party you are swimming with whales. No, you are right I can't fix that part of you, but the thing is I wouldn't want to fix that part of you. You don't need fixing."