3

It has been 4 years since Zack moved in as my next door neighbour, and also my friend; well probably best friend now. I'm currently 16 and so is he. Our relationship has rather improved and we have gotten more closer over the years. I learnt quite a lot from him and we opened up to each other about our problems every single time. He has met my three other friends and the five of us have become the best of friends.

Zack's family is one of the nicest people I have ever met. They treat me and my sister like their own daughters and I really appreciate that, since my parents don't really care about me. Well, today was just another normal day of school; with me waiting for Zack to get prepared. I know he is a boy, but he seems to take longer than a girl. After Zack started walking out of his house, he started shouting," Last one is a loser!" He began rushing to school. Lucky for me, I have a skateboard. Eventually, I reached school first and while waiting for that "slowpoke", I began to look around the school when I saw someone, more like a newbie; she was glamorous. She had shimmering blonde hair, beautiful blue eyes and cherry red lips that any boy would long to kiss. I realised that I was daydreaming so I got back into reality, looking for Zack. Just then I realised, he was staring at her.

That made me have a feeling, that is definitely not good. I had a mixture of feelings at that moment: anger, sadness and.. jealousy?
"What is happening to me? Why am I jealous? Do I have..feelings for Zack?" I started to groan as I rushed to the janitor's closet to figure things out.

-time skip to dismissal-
I was still confused with my feelings. I can't like Zack, he is my best friend! The rest of the day, I tried to avoid Zack as much as possible, but it didn't seem to work. All of my friends asked me why I was trying to avoid them, but I simply ignored that. While thinking about my feelings, I heard frantic knocking on my door. I opened my door and what stood there was, Zack Mooneyham. Before I could slam the door, he rushed into the room and slammed the door by himself. "Okay then." I thought. "So, Tomika.. Why were you avoiding me?" He asked. "No I wasn't." I lied. He put both of his hands on my shoulders and said," You're lying Tomika. I know when you are." I pushed his hands away from me as I attempted to walk out the door and saying," I can't tell you Zack." Just then, he blocks me by pinning me against the wall. "No escaping now boops." I chuckled before saying," You didn't call me that in a long time." He got closer to me, giving me the chills and also, surprisingly, butterflies.. "Well, now I will." I gulped as he got a little close to me. "You're a little close to me Zack." I said uncomfortably. "Feeling uncomfortable, huh boops." After saying that, he increased the distance between us by sitting on my bed.

Just then, something unexpected got out of my mouth. "Do you have a crush on anyone Zack?" I smirked at him. My inner thoughts were literally calling me an idiot now. He smirked back at me before saying," Of course I do Tomika." His answer gave me a feeling of sadness and disappointment. Well, he has a crush now and it is definitely not me. I shrugged," Well good for you Mooneyham. Good luck on your crush." I rolled my eyes at the word I hated to hear. "But you know her Tomika. You know her so well." "Let's just say, would you help me with my crush?" Zack looked at me with his puppy dog eyes. I couldn't resist those eyes and I agreed to his offer, I'll sacrifice my happiness for that.